• 68(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-12-14, 15:26)Mensy Wrote: 4k video playback with HDR
Doesnt need netflix or amazon prime as my tv has those.

What will your source be for 4K/UHD HDR? Netflix and Amazon are the primary "legal" sources for HDR content. There is not a single Android box that will get you both Netflix and Amazon HDR.
Yes exactly... Great Marketing Buzzword this HDR....helps sell new hardware....BUT....from the START HERE sticky thread....

Have you got all your HDR10 hardware ducks in a row ?
Cut through the Marketing B.S. and read what is required and where to get properly encoded HDR content in THIS POST.

And Rule #1- buy a box with working features and stable Firmware if there are requirements you absolutely must have working 100%.
Don't buy on promises of yes this will be fixed in the future. There be Dragons down that road....

A Wireless - WiFi or Bluetooth remote will be better than all others garden variety Infra Red remotes as well. This is always over looked by potential purchasers,.

(2016-12-14, 18:26)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 15:26)Mensy Wrote: 4k video playback with HDR
Doesnt need netflix or amazon prime as my tv has those.

What will your source be for 4K/UHD HDR? Netflix and Amazon are the primary "legal" sources for HDR content. There is not a single Android box that will get you both Netflix and Amazon HDR.

Theres demo and trailers etc on here that i would like to be able to play when they release new ones http://demo-uhd3d.com/
(2016-12-14, 10:51)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 02:25)cobric Wrote:
(2016-12-13, 22:49)aramakao Wrote: Here the same. I've r connected through a denon x3100 to a plasma Panasonic. Zidoo turns on but not TV

I think Denon is problem here, because if you unplug Zidoo from Denon and just try CEC control between Denon AVR and TV it'll not work -> turning on TV will not turn on AVR (same with shutdown). Plugging HDMI from Zidoo directly to TV, CEC is working as expected. Shame that Denon didn't do better job in supporting this feature.
I have found Denon's attempts at cec is very poor, it is also I believe responsible for a lot of handshake failures I have on my system.

Surely you are right guys, but with ps4, chromecast and a Sony bluray player, no problem using cec through denon avr
Hi,

what are the proper settings for optimal A/V playback?

I do not have 4k Tv and I do not use 5.1 for sound system , so what are the proper settings for optimal A/V playback?

also I tried to streaming torrent file 1080p "5.1" , it worked but there is a lot of lag and the sound was bad , so what do you think the problem is ?

Thank you
Hi,

I have a new x9s and updated to 1.2.7. If I set the HDMI out (audio and video) and all other settings to auto, 4k movie files are played in 1080p only. But if I set it to 3840 x 2160 60p which is the native resolution of my tv, there are audio drops in DolbyAtmos soundtracks. So please help me with this one. What are the recommended settings in order the player to output the correct resolution of movie files without having problems with the soundtracks. Thanks!
(2016-12-14, 13:26)laola Wrote: I understood that the 720p bug is well known (I also have this bug) but I didn't see any confirmation yet that this will be fixed in the next FW update.

Hi,We are checking this issue
Some MKVs I have just stopped playing about 5 mins into the movie. Some stop more than once. Press play to continue. Please look into this as well.
My X8 is not in direct field of view to use the supplied remote control. Now I have ordered an Airmouse Rii mini i7 which actually works great. Also the Airmouse is quite nice to navigate. The problem is that I can switch off the box, but can not turn it on again with the airmouse. Is there a setting option to allow this?

I also tried a CSL Mini 2.4 (which seems to be identical to the Rii i25) where it is possible to program the power button and because the programmed buttons operates via infrared the box can switched on. However its useless because the range of the 2.4 connection of this remote is really bad. The i7 works there much better. Also all the buttons on the Rii i7 work perfectly, just the power on is not working. When I switch off the X8 with the original remote control there also is a switch-off menu where I can choose from Power Off, Standby or Reboot. When I press the switch off button on the i7 airmouse it turns off directly into standby, but like I said it won't turn on again.

Now my question: Is there a setting so that I can turn on my Zidoo X8 with the airmouse, or is this general a problem of such remotes with USB dongle, unless you use one which have programable infrared keys?

Or can you recommend an airmouse / bluetooth remote control?

Like I said, the Rii i7 would be great because the handling and processing is top, but without the power on button I still need the original remote and that is not a good solution.
(2016-12-08, 10:23)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-12-07, 14:30)Skank Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 21:12)Skank Wrote: @hdmkv
@mirror88

Issues i have with last firmware:
Using external player.
-sometimes "cracks and pops " in audio when browsing main menu in kodi. Really need to be fixed cause its harmful for speakers.
- watched a movie with dts-hd , think it was star trek beyond . Everything went fine until the end of the movie. The audio stopped and continued. And video stalled. I think it was the audio track that caused it.

@mirror88?
Checking.
BTW:MVC MKV's playing with proper frame-packed and proper depth coming soon.

Mirror, found anything?
Forget the X8 & X9s they are absolete.

The new model Zidoo X10 is lastest great thing

ps: Hurry up buy one, because the X10 will be obsolete in 3 months Big Grin
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

A competitor of Q10 pro and Egreat A10
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-12-16, 13:28)couto27 Wrote: Forget the X8 & X9s they are absolete.

What are we up to now Zidoo box release Number Six or Seven in about 2 years ?

Yes I give it 3 months before another Zidoo pops up promoting Bigger Numbers - an Infinity Colorspace output - comes in Titanium Krypton alloys, and delivered by Android drones ! Wink

(2016-12-16, 14:37)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 13:28)couto27 Wrote: Forget the X8 & X9s they are absolete.

What are we up to now Zidoo box release Number Six or Seven in about 2 years ?

Yes I give it 3 months before another Zidoo pops up promoting Bigger Numbers - an Infinity Colorspace output - comes in Titanium Krypton alloys, and delivered by Android drones ! Wink

Not niceLaugh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
On the one hand, I don't see X10 being a 'move on to the next great thing' ploy as it's based on the same Realtek RTD1295 SoC as X8 and X9S. So, very similar f/w and effort behind it.

On the other hand, as Zidoo's troubles are around reliability and stability, they really need focus, and not additional variations as distractions. After an active start, f/w dev work seems to have slowed down... hopefully we'll see f/w 1.2.8 soon and continued diligent support to bring MKV MVC functionality back and working properly and addressing users' key stability/reliability issues.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8