Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-01-17, 23:57)scottj01 Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 10:29)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2017-01-16, 22:27)scottj01 Wrote: Well, it looks like time is running out. I was really hoping to test the X8, but haven't been able to access my SMB/NFS library at all. My opportunity to return it back to Amazon has arrived. I asked if there was a chance to test the new beta firmware, but obviously there was no interest. I guess my 10+ years as a professional software test engineer and working at Javasoft wasn't enough. Good luck with the Zidoo products. I'll stay with my Mede8er X600 for now until a real, truly functional product hits the market.

I'm late to your problem, but i have never had any problems accessing SMB or NFS shares from my Zidoo, either in Native Explorer or ZDMC.

I created a new Samba server, sans the domain login credentials and am finally able to access my library. At least now I can do some testing. Hopefully, whenever Zidoo releases a new firmware for the X8, it will have the SMB fixes in it. I can't spawn the external player from ZDMC, but I can at least use Zidoo's media center to view my ISOs.

OK, I'm obviously missing something. I can view my ISOs just fine with ZDMC (they load and I get the simplified menu) and I can play the ISOs via the Zidoo player when selected from the media center. When I try to launch the movie from ZDMC, no matter which title I choose, I get a screen "Loading Video ..." for a few seconds and then a pop-up comes up "External player active" Click "OK" when playback has ended. The problem is, the external played never starts. Am I missing a setting?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by scottj01 - 2017-01-18, 01:56
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8