Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-02-07, 08:48)querty1000 Wrote: As long as Zidoo does a own thing on sound you have to use ZBMC.

Is there a reason that one can't use playercorefactory.xml with kodi 17 and configure it to launch the Zidoo media player? Preloaded apps other than ZBMC already use it (e.g. Home Theater, but really anything that launches a media player).

I just got this thing a couple days ago and was playing around a little last night - and I am definitely a tinkerer, so I have no idea if there's some obvious reason this is a dead end. But I set up kodi 17 to use com.zidoo.zbmc (iirc -- not in front of the box right now) with playercorefactory.xml and technically it works, though it displays the whole ZMBC/Kodi 16 front end for a few seconds before finally playing the video. It's almost bearable though because Kodi 17 is so much better than 16. But if I could figure out the name of the actual media player package it seems like you should be able to just use it directly as an external player, like Home Theater does.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by jamietre - 2017-02-07, 15:00
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8