Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Hi,
I bought a 9xs a few days ago. I am pretty impressed so far, but one thing is really driving me crazy: I want to play Bluray-ISO-files (100% untouched) with DTS-MA -tracks, but cannot manage to set up the 9xs the way I need it. I need the 9xs to decode the audio stream and put it out as 7.1-LPCM-Multichannel over HDMI to my AVR , since it's an older Denon 2807, that cannot process lossloess formats, but can perfectly process 7.1-LPCM over HDMI (that's how I had hooked up my PS3 and HDDVD-Player for years--> they did the decoding and just passed it over to AVR via HDMI --> perfect 7.1 lossless sound for me Smile )
But no matter what audio settings I use, I always get only 2.0 LPCM :-( Logically I would assume that "Multi Channel LPCM" is the correct HDMI-out setting in the Audio-settings of 9xs. But also with this setting I only hear 2.0...The only occasion where I get more than 2.0 is when I put the HDMI out to "RAW" and use the "Downmix to 5.1"-option, but this - as expected -only sends out the lossy 5.1 DTS-core as bitstream.

So my question is: Does the 9xs even support dts-MA decoding with 7.1-Multichannel-output (NO PASSTROUGH!) at all?

If yes: What do I have to do in order to make it work?

If no: Is this planned for any updates in the near future?

Thanks!

regards

Chris

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by Chris_77 - 2017-05-18, 00:15
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8