• 109(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-05-17, 14:03)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 15:48)mamachan Wrote: Good morning,
i have installed ZDMC 17.1 but i'm not able to connect it to my NAS on SMB mode (permission error).
No problem with Zidoo Home Theater app (i can see and play all files from NAS in SBM mode).
the same problem is on some equipment with the original KODI.
If you add an source you have not to use "Windows network (SMB)". Use instead "add network location..." and than SMB. do not browse for your NAS, add that all by typing in.
You should take a look here:
1678890 (post)

thanks, I resolved exactly the same way you did
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...813/page-6
Hi,
I bought a 9xs a few days ago. I am pretty impressed so far, but one thing is really driving me crazy: I want to play Bluray-ISO-files (100% untouched) with DTS-MA -tracks, but cannot manage to set up the 9xs the way I need it. I need the 9xs to decode the audio stream and put it out as 7.1-LPCM-Multichannel over HDMI to my AVR , since it's an older Denon 2807, that cannot process lossloess formats, but can perfectly process 7.1-LPCM over HDMI (that's how I had hooked up my PS3 and HDDVD-Player for years--> they did the decoding and just passed it over to AVR via HDMI --> perfect 7.1 lossless sound for me Smile )
But no matter what audio settings I use, I always get only 2.0 LPCM :-( Logically I would assume that "Multi Channel LPCM" is the correct HDMI-out setting in the Audio-settings of 9xs. But also with this setting I only hear 2.0...The only occasion where I get more than 2.0 is when I put the HDMI out to "RAW" and use the "Downmix to 5.1"-option, but this - as expected -only sends out the lossy 5.1 DTS-core as bitstream.

So my question is: Does the 9xs even support dts-MA decoding with 7.1-Multichannel-output (NO PASSTROUGH!) at all?

If yes: What do I have to do in order to make it work?

If no: Is this planned for any updates in the near future?

Thanks!

regards

Chris
In my testing sometime ago, BD's w/LPCM tracks worked fine. I'd expect decoding of DTS-MA or TrueHD to LPCM to also work. But, Need more info to help... are you using ZDMC with external player option enabled, or ZDMC with internal playback?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hi,
primarily used it with external player. But also tried internal player setting which gave me the same PCM 2.0 result :-(. Also tried it with several different FW-flashes&updates: 1.2.3 ,1.2.7, 1.2.11, 1.3.0beta and the new 1.4.4. Also no difference there. Seems to me either like a bug or like it's simply not capable of doing a complete decode on lossless dts-MA. Or maybe even a hardware issue? Can you maybe try it out on your device and see if it works?
Thanks!
Chris
Wish I could... I'm in a middle of a relo w/o any home theater until July. @wesk05, if you're reading, can you please check? Thanks.
My HT
Hi, if these boxes are set to 4k do they still upscale 1080p to 4k as per the other android boxes? Or do they support auto resolution and frame rate switching?
(2017-05-18, 14:32)Nellgrove Wrote: Hi, if these boxes are set to 4k do they still upscale 1080p to 4k as per the other android boxes?
Yes, they do only frame rate switching - not auto resolution. But the upscalers have different quality - it looks like the sigma is a better one.
(2017-05-18, 15:16)querty1000 Wrote:
(2017-05-18, 14:32)Nellgrove Wrote: Hi, if these boxes are set to 4k do they still upscale 1080p to 4k as per the other android boxes?
Yes, they do only frame rate switching - not auto resolution. But the upscalers have different quality - it looks like the sigma is a better one.

with the ZDMC V17.1 - there is auto-upscaling. Actually even the X9S did forget that it was set to 4k (which is the case every few houres) - starting the ZDMC V17.1 (which is set to 4k resolution) even then the Kodi GUI is at 4k... Playing a video (1080p or 720p) I am always getting the message that the resolution is set to 4k... Frame rate switshing also works fine for me.
Btw - to upscaler does a pretty good job in my set up and my point of view. The picture quality is much better than with Windows 10 & 1050 gforce card (also at 4k resolution).
(2017-05-16, 01:20)gacama Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 01:10)flipmode009 Wrote: Ok I have some good news for people with the Zidoo x10 and I am assuming at least the x9s will be in the same boat for sure. A developer from Zidoo has confirmed to me that 1.4.4 is only an initial firmware update to build the BD Java section and to start implementing Kodi 17 properly. It is still ZDMC with Kodi 17 using a modified audio setup to implement pass-through audio, but eventually that will be a thing of the past. They confirmed that they are working on official android pass-though api, which this is where it gets good...once they finalize that api for these, that means that Netflix, Plex Android (not the Kodi plug-in), and Vudu and all those apps that people get the Nvidia Shield for will now be 100% on par regarding audio. Not sure if that also means the 4k streaming with Netflix or Vudu will be official though, but at least our Atmos/DTS:S/DTS-HD/TrueHD will be available in the native android system on this box. I am assuming that some of the audio sync and stuttering that happens when pausing and all that will clean up too, because that is no doubt an issue with their "modified" audio settings. I think the lag or sync comes from the box having to thread a couple extra tasks instead of allowing the Android OS to do it naturally. Good news right? I hope this becomes the Shield Killer!
Zidoo the shield killer? Please, don't make me laugh, zidoo never will have 4k netflix, and have a loooooooot of bugs to solve before considering it a decent mediacenter, shield plays in another leage

Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk

Zidoo is working on getting properly certified for those, so when they do, yes it will. If your using a Shield to play games from your computer, that is nothing special in any way. You can use any hardware, Intel NUC and do the same thing via Steam. Nvidia has become arrogant and refuse to add features customers want, ie, 3D, and rather than saying they are not developing it, they actually insult the person wanting 3D and calling them idiots for thinking 3D is good! They have done that multiple times. So yes, if they actually do get Netflix 4K and they are ironing out the bugs, then it will be superior with the exception of Nvidia lame game streaming.
(2017-05-18, 17:10)flipmode009 Wrote: Zidoo is working on getting properly certified for those, so when they do, yes it will. If your using a Shield to play games from your computer, that is nothing special in any way. You can use any hardware, Intel NUC and do the same thing via Steam. Nvidia has become arrogant and refuse to add features customers want, ie, 3D, and rather than saying they are not developing it, they actually insult the person wanting 3D and calling them idiots for thinking 3D is good! They have done that multiple times. So yes, if they (Zidoo) actually do get Netflix 4K and they are ironing out the bugs, then it will be superior with the exception of Nvidia lame game streaming.
ROFL

*** wrxtasy break out the Popcorn and sits back, waiting for the knowledgable Shield guys to Pop into this thread ***

Netflix certification will never happen on Zidoo (or it would be beyond jaw-dropping if it did), if you have any idea about how strict, protective Netflix's policy has been on this. As an example, Cloud Media (Syabas) tried for years, even showing Netflix logo at CES for PopBox, but they eventually gave up.

There are so many devices that do Netflix, it isn't a big deal not having it on Zidoo. Use a separate device for it as many of us do.
My HT
(2017-05-18, 17:10)flipmode009 Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 01:20)gacama Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 01:10)flipmode009 Wrote: Ok I have some good news for people with the Zidoo x10 and I am assuming at least the x9s will be in the same boat for sure. A developer from Zidoo has confirmed to me that 1.4.4 is only an initial firmware update to build the BD Java section and to start implementing Kodi 17 properly. It is still ZDMC with Kodi 17 using a modified audio setup to implement pass-through audio, but eventually that will be a thing of the past. They confirmed that they are working on official android pass-though api, which this is where it gets good...once they finalize that api for these, that means that Netflix, Plex Android (not the Kodi plug-in), and Vudu and all those apps that people get the Nvidia Shield for will now be 100% on par regarding audio. Not sure if that also means the 4k streaming with Netflix or Vudu will be official though, but at least our Atmos/DTS:S/DTS-HD/TrueHD will be available in the native android system on this box. I am assuming that some of the audio sync and stuttering that happens when pausing and all that will clean up too, because that is no doubt an issue with their "modified" audio settings. I think the lag or sync comes from the box having to thread a couple extra tasks instead of allowing the Android OS to do it naturally. Good news right? I hope this becomes the Shield Killer!
Zidoo the shield killer? Please, don't make me laugh, zidoo never will have 4k netflix, and have a loooooooot of bugs to solve before considering it a decent mediacenter, shield plays in another leage

Zidoo is working on getting properly certified for those, so when they do, yes it will. If your using a Shield to play games from your computer, that is nothing special in any way. You can use any hardware, Intel NUC and do the same thing via Steam. Nvidia has become arrogant and refuse to add features customers want, ie, 3D, and rather than saying they are not developing it, they actually insult the person wanting 3D and calling them idiots for thinking 3D is good! They have done that multiple times. So yes, if they actually do get Netflix 4K and they are ironing out the bugs, then it will be superior with the exception of Nvidia lame game streaming.
Ironing bugs and 4k netflix in the zidoo... Ok, dreaming is free Big Grin good luck

Hey guys,
Sorry to bother you! But since hdmkv has not his equipment up & running could possibly anyone of you be so kind and test real quick, if he can somehow make his device decode dts-MA and have it output 7.1-Channel-PCM over HDMI. For details please see also my earlier post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2587715

Thanks!

Regards

Chris
(2017-05-18, 17:10)flipmode009 Wrote: Zidoo is working on getting properly certified for those, so when they do, yes it will. If your using a Shield to play games from your computer, that is nothing special in any way. You can use any hardware, Intel NUC and do the same thing via Steam. Nvidia has become arrogant and refuse to add features customers want, ie, 3D, and rather than saying they are not developing it, they actually insult the person wanting 3D and calling them idiots for thinking 3D is good! They have done that multiple times. So yes, if they actually do get Netflix 4K and they are ironing out the bugs, then it will be superior with the exception of Nvidia lame game streaming.

Even though I love 3D, companies do not bother because from 2017, all TV manufacturers dropped the feature in all TVs. Therefore, 3D BD releases will be reduced during 2017 and will stop to exist by the end of 2018. It is already considered obsolete in all TV 2017 TV sets. Only hope is if James Cameron makes a miracle again with Avatar 2.
(2017-05-19, 10:41)nikos_a Wrote: Even though I love 3D, companies do not bother because from 2017, all TV manufacturers dropped the feature in all TVs.
Because proper 3D is expensive and needs some skills to implement it. F. e. the passive 3D extra polarisation folie stands in opposite to higher HDR gain and to archive the max. brightness.
Quote:Therefore, 3D BD releases will be reduced during 2017 and will stop to exist by the end of 2018.
like vinyl records? I see more that people that wan't 3D and need a new telly switch to an extra beamer instead of not using 3D anymore.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8