(2017-06-24 18:38)haxel666 Wrote: I just purchased a x9s
can someone give me some help on setting it up for the first time?
I would like to be able to use kodi to have all my nice covers
and playback 3d iso etc I don't mind using external player
want to bitstream dts hd 7.1
please advise what I need to do with setup
do I need latest kodi or built in software etc?
Got mine yesterday too. What I've done so far is to upgrade firmware to latest 1.4.6 as per a few posts back. Then uninstalled zdmc. Reinstalled zdmc 17.1 using link in same post. Zdmc launches my movies and 3d movies using their native player which seems great quality.
Initial thoughts so far:
1.Picture quality looks exceptional, a step up from my pi
2.Tested a stream from ustv vod. Again found picture quality great, though did have to adjust audio delay for lip sync which is something I've not had to do on other devices. Also buffered a couple of times which again is not something I usually experience. Hopefully not a common factor!
3. 3d looks impressive from short tests, but looking forward to trying it out with my benq!
4. Been a real pain trying to access file shares on my Mac, either via nfs or smb. It's just not seeing them or letting me in if I enter path manually. Smb shares fine from windows pc.
5. You can also download kodi 17.3 from play store and use a wrapper to use the zidoo native player for 3d movies. Process looks a tad complicated to me!!!!
6. Can't advise on audio. I only have Dolby 5.1 and that works great...
7. Zidoo native player doesn't seem to pick up on right eye first flags from mkvtoolnix so I'm having to switch eyes manually through the zidoo player interface after movie starts
...thanks to 3Dgeek for a bit of advice on the way :-)