• 121(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
aha found 17.4 was on 17.1 still
(2017-11-11, 12:33)Skank Wrote: aha found 17.4 was on 17.1 still
 17.6 is the official newest.
https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html
What is the best method to update from 17.3 tot 17.6 without losing settings?
Use the official Kodi repository program add-on called 'Backup'.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thanks
I will use zidoo x9s as dac/player to an integrated amp.
May i know what route should i go?

Optical cable? 3.5mm to rca?

What audio settings or other setting should i tweak.?

The amp is onkyo a9010

Sent from my iPhone
Hi, does Zidoo have some conversion from HDR BT.2020 to SDR R.709?

thank you
(2017-11-24, 10:53)riddle Wrote: Hi, does Zidoo have some conversion from HDR BT.2020 to SDR R.709?

thank you

Yes it does.
With the latest firmware you can just set “HDR off” and it can do the conversion.
Nice... :-) and how looks thats conversion? Still think about this player for change by my Nvidia Shield TV who dont have 3D MVC and have HDR problem with my Epson PJ...
Conversion quality is excellent; I don't notice any artifacts w/upscaled 720p & 1080p content. Below are the settings that work best for me w/Epson 5040UB. Allows HDR to work w/[email protected] & 24. 4K@60 renders in 8bit as Epson doesn't support 10bit @ 60fps...

watch gallery
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-11-27, 00:59)hdmkv Wrote: Conversion quality is excellent; I don't notice any artifacts w/upscaled 720p & 1080p content. Below are the settings that work best for me w/Epson 5040UB. Allows HDR to work w/[email protected] & 24. 4K@60 renders in 8bit as Epson doesn't support 10bit @ 60fps...
I believe @riddle was asking about HDR to SDR conversion. I haven't had much time checking the latest firmware other than a picture quality comparison between the X9S and the Shield that a member on the forum (boblo) had requested. 

BTW, it looks like you have a new electric screen. Didn't you have fixed frame before?
Ah, you're right. Haven't tried HDR-to-SDR conversion yet. The screen I have now is a 100" Silver Ticket fixed screen off Amazon. I moved several months ago from GA to NJ, smaller space & had to accommodate Smile. I'll post some HT pics soon.

BTW, I figured out the best (albeit still less than ideal) way to switch from 23.976/24 HDR on my Epson 5040UB & Shield TV back to 30 and having PSVue, DirecTV Now working acceptably... TVHz app. When in 24p 4K mode on Shield, Netflix & Amazon 4K HDR content look awesome.
(2017-11-26, 17:35)riddle Wrote: Nice... :-) and how looks thats conversion? Still think about this player for change by my Nvidia Shield TV who dont have 3D MVC and have HDR problem with my Epson PJ...

Compare to my Nvidia Shield TV, Zidoo does correct HDR to SDR convention. Shield renders wash-out color in HDR content on my SDR TV. I think Zidoo does even better tone mapping than MadVR on my computer.
(2017-11-27, 02:52)riverscn Wrote:
(2017-11-26, 17:35)riddle Wrote: Nice... :-) and how looks thats conversion? Still think about this player for change by my Nvidia Shield TV who dont have 3D MVC and have HDR problem with my Epson PJ...

Compare to my Nvidia Shield TV, Zidoo does correct HDR to SDR convention. Shield renders wash-out color in HDR content on my SDR TV. I think Zidoo does even better tone mapping than MadVR on my computer. 
Hi, can you make some screens?
thanks...
Do you have some tip where i can bought Zidoo x8? I look at Aliexpress and to many choices, but whats quality?
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8