Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Only 7 pages in this thread since last July. Very disappointing to see so little support for these players. I see many, many questions asked but not answered, both in here and on the official Zidoo forum. Suggestions/requests thread is closed on the Zidoo forum. Many seem unhappy with lack of updates to let people know how fixes are coming along. These boxes are not cheap and new owners deserve to know if issues will be fixed soon within a reasonable time or not, so they can decide if keeping the player is in their best interest or not. Everyone has to decide for themselves which issues/bugs/lack of features they can live with, but if we can't even ask and expect an answer back on which issues will be fixed, then that's what I consider poor customer support.

Anyways, I did decide to purchase the x9s and give it a try for myself. I have no idea what firmware to use, so I guess I'll just let it update to whatever the latest version it wants to. That should be a good test to begin with, because if a bunch of things are broken in the latest official available update that weren't broken before, then that will give me a good idea of what to expect from future updates. I have a ton of things to test for to see if it will suit my needs, and I'm expecting issues just from what I've been reading. Sadly no box seems to get it "all" right, but when I read about features like basic subtitle support being broken, or menus that used to work but now don't, that leaves me understandably nervous about this player. The frustrating thing is I believe this player has huge potential, but it's been out for over a year, and the major issues should certainly be sorted out by now. Sadly from what I've been reading that's not the case.

I'll be sure to post an update in here once I get it up and running and run some test files.

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by lionne - 2018-01-23, 00:42
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8