How to set random EXTRAfanart as main menu background
hey, i am a new kodi user and found mimic as the easiest and best looking skin.
i want to set random extrafanart for tv and movies separately as their background.
kindly help
edit: i am using kodi v16.1
Sorry, no plans to add an option for extrafanart backgrounds. They are only available in the InfoWall view.
how do you use regular fan art for background .... I clicked the option but still blank HELP
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ZHipFUF3NDA

Or something like this
(2016-10-07, 19:15)Ibn10xj Wrote: how do you use regular fan art for background .... I clicked the option but still blank HELP
What fanart are you trying to use? A folder of your own fanart, or random fanart from your Kodi library? If it's a folder, you need to first add it using the file manager. If it's random fanart, you need to make sure you have script.skin.helper.service installed (though it should be already). The script give you several options for home menu backgrounds.
(2016-10-07, 21:40)braz Wrote:
(2016-10-07, 19:15)Ibn10xj Wrote: how do you use regular fan art for background .... I clicked the option but still blank HELP
What fanart are you trying to use? A folder of your own fanart, or random fanart from your Kodi library? If it's a folder, you need to first add it using the file manager. If it's random fanart, you need to make sure you have script.skin.helper.service installed (though it should be already). The script give you several options for home menu backgrounds.

random fan art, how do i know if the script is installed?
(2016-10-08, 05:32)Ibn10xj Wrote: random fan art, how do i know if the script is installed?
Customize your main menu, then try to set the background for one of your menu items. You should see the following dialog in Mimic 5:

And here's what it looks like in Mimic 4:

Ok so I did this. What I'm trying to do is have the shows I favorited metadata as the background,
I did this once before but it was automatically done I don't know how but was hopping that some else does.
(2016-10-13, 03:36)Ibn10xj Wrote: Ok so I did this. What I'm trying to do is have the shows I favorited metadata as the background,
I did this once before but it was automatically done I don't know how but was hopping that some else does.
Not sure what you mean by "favorited metadata". You can select one of your video playlists in the dialog I posted screenshots of, that should allow you to customize it however you want.
(2016-10-13, 03:55)braz Wrote:
(2016-10-13, 03:36)Ibn10xj Wrote: Ok so I did this. What I'm trying to do is have the shows I favorited metadata as the background,
Not sure what you mean by "favorited metadata". You can select one of your video playlists in the dialog I posted screenshots of, that should allow you to customize it however you want.

If you click the link I posted above you'll see what I mean.
You favorite shows kodi and when you check the option for
Random fan art for tv shows the shows you favorite will be
your background at least that's how it panned out for me before.
Sorry, still not understanding you. I'm not seeing how everything shown in the video you linked isn't already possible in Mimic.
Ok so if I click random tv show fan art where does kodi gather that and if it's a playlist how do I create one specifically for backgrounds
Random tv show fanart is pulling all of the tv show fanart from your local library. If you want to limit the background to a certain set of shows, create a playlist for those shows and then select that for your background.

If you don't have any local content, and are just using video addons, then none of the provided background options will work for you. You could manually create a fanart folder and assign that as the background.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set random EXTRAfanart as main menu background0