PlayercoreFactory questions
Is it possible to set the playercore factory to use internal player for say 25FPS movies and use external player for 23.976 movies? Could someone tell me the setting if its possible.

Also, if I want to use MPC-BE for 3d movies and MPC-HC for non 3d movies, what is the proper way to do it? Right now I just set mpc-be player to use *.3d* and mpc-hc player to use *.* for file types. the *.3d* is first in the rules, will that work?
As far as I can see, framerate is not a variable that you can use for playercorefactory.xml configuration. Check here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Playercorefactory.xml

I don't think Kodi saves the framerate metadata in its database.

I'd gladly be proven wrong.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Doh! I forget about what I write sometimes...

Check here for a solution based on filename and an automated script to rename your files according to their framerate:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2256018
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2257173
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-10-09, 12:58)ashlar Wrote: As far as I can see, framerate is not a variable that you can use for playercorefactory.xml configuration. Check here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Playercorefactory.xml

I don't think Kodi saves the framerate metadata in its database.

I'd gladly be proven wrong.

THank you, I'm sure you are right, I will certainly look into this and I appreciate it. Could you tell me if I'm doing the playercore rules correct as they didn't seem to work correctly last night.

<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="3d_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-BE\mpc-be.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /slave 5311184</args>
<hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>

<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\Mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /slave 66394</args>
</player>

<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<!-- You can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\ -->
<filename>C:\Users\rob\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>

</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
<rule filename="*.3d*" player="3d_Player"/>
<rule filename="*.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I strongly suggest you study this guide: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209596

With it and my suggestions above for renaming files based on their framerate you should be good to go. I paste them here (adapted for your specific case) for ease of reference:
(2016-02-23, 17:44)ashlar Wrote: If you do have the 25.000Hz info in the filenames, you could place this in a playercorefactory.xml file in your userdata folder:
Code:
<rules action="prepend">
     <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC">
          <rule filename=".*25.000fps.*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
          </rule>
     </rule>
</rules>

I'm not entirely sure about the syntax for the wildcards in the filename, but this should at least point you in the right direction.
(2016-02-24, 18:48)ashlar Wrote: You could use something like Advanced Renamer and completely automate the process.

I just downloaded it and with two rules I got a result that would suit your needs.
You would use two "Add" rules. I did the work for you. Smile

Copy the following in a text file. Save it with the name you prefer (MovieFramerateRenamer for instance), with a .aren extension. You then import it through "Load Method List", select your movie folders and the work is done. You always have a preview of how the filename is going to be renamed, just to be sure.

[header]
type=preset
application=Advanced Renamer 3.71
application_version=3710000
batchmode=rename

[namecollision]
separator=_
pattern=
rule=fail

[methods]
method0000=methodname:"add"; active:"1"; position:"0"; add:"<Video FrameRate>"; backwards:"1"; applyto:"name"; regularexpressions:"0";
method0001=methodname:"add"; active:"1"; position:"0"; add:"fps"; backwards:"1"; applyto:"name"; regularexpressions:"0";
method0002=methodname:"add"; active:"1"; position:"9"; add:"."; backwards:"1"; applyto:"name"; regularexpressions:"0";[/code]

With the above you'll use MPC-HC for everything save 25.000fps files that will use DVDPlayer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayercoreFactory questions0