Mod -  SkyQ Skin Kodi
(2018-10-15, 19:14)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-15, 10:10)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-14, 19:28)Tayluur Wrote: Is there a tutorial on how to change the code? More than happen to learn. I spend more time learning about kodi than my job

Haha me too

Unfortunately they’s no tutorial to learn how to change the code in this skin, it’s just something you have to pick up yourself. They are loads of resources available and loads of helpful folk who will give advice or point you in the right direction.

I’m more then happy to help you to change what you want to change (with my limited knowledge I’ve picked up while working this project)

Or if you let me know what you want iMll see if I can implement it for you, ideas are always welcome.

This is a work in progress and as such was Taylor we to my personal needs but I’m more then happy to share what I have learnt to better develop this skinning project.

Sorry for the last response. Was working . I was just going to change the Sky Cinema from most popular to new movies. I had a look at the code in Notepad ++ but had no idea where to begin. Any help would be brilliant.

Hey that’s easy, look for the section in home.xml for cinema. Look for the line that specifies the plugin and has a url pointing to popular, change this to trending and thats it.
Btw if you click on the menu option of cinema, it takes you to a full screen view of the trending movies anyway
(2018-10-15, 23:11)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-15, 19:14)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-15, 10:10)Steverae Wrote: Haha me too

Unfortunately they’s no tutorial to learn how to change the code in this skin, it’s just something you have to pick up yourself. They are loads of resources available and loads of helpful folk who will give advice or point you in the right direction.

I’m more then happy to help you to change what you want to change (with my limited knowledge I’ve picked up while working this project)

Or if you let me know what you want iMll see if I can implement it for you, ideas are always welcome.

This is a work in progress and as such was Taylor we to my personal needs but I’m more then happy to share what I have learnt to better develop this skinning project.

Sorry for the last response. Was working . I was just going to change the Sky Cinema from most popular to new movies. I had a look at the code in Notepad ++ but had no idea where to begin. Any help would be brilliant.

Hey that’s easy, look for the section in home.xml for cinema. Look for the line that specifies the plugin and has a url pointing to popular, change this to trending and thats it.
Btw if you click on the menu option of cinema, it takes you to a full screen view of the trending movies anyway

So it does . I just liked the thought of seeing the trending movies. I like the thought of changing the sports to show sports channels but one thing at a time. Your help is much appreciated mate
(2018-10-16, 20:17)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-15, 23:11)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-15, 19:14)Tayluur Wrote: Sorry for the last response. Was working . I was just going to change the Sky Cinema from most popular to new movies. I had a look at the code in Notepad ++ but had no idea where to begin. Any help would be brilliant.

So it does . I just liked the thought of seeing the trending movies. I like the thought of changing the sports to show sports channels but one thing at a time. Your help is much appreciated mate

Yeah it’s all possible to do, just need to Allen’s the code - everything I’ve done I’ve commented in the code to make it easier for people to pick up Smile. Good luck and if you need any help, just send me a PM
(2018-10-16, 20:36)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-10-16, 20:17)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-15, 23:11)Steverae Wrote: Hey that’s easy, look for the section in home.xml for cinema. Look for the line that specifies the plugin and has a url pointing to popular, change this to trending and thats it.

Yeah it’s all possible to do, just need to Allen’s the code - everything I’ve done I’ve commented in the code to make it easier for people to pick up Smile. Good luck and if you need any help, just send me a PM

Thanks again mate
Everyone

Started work on a new version of Sky Q - version 2.0 based on the new gui that Sky changed just as i was getting to grips with the original skin lol - typical

Anyway this new version will be based on Estuary as a base (being the default skin of Kodi it makes sense to base it on this) and will have similar features to the old one.

HELP NEEDED: Need some developers who can adapt Estuary with Skin Shortcuts to allow customised menu options and widgets ....

I'll post up some screenshots in a bit and will also create a brand new thread for this.
(2018-10-27, 08:40)Steverae Wrote: Everyone

Started work on a new version of Sky Q - version 2.0 based on the new gui that Sky changed just as i was getting to grips with the original skin lol - typical

Anyway this new version will be based on Estuary as a base (being the default skin of Kodi it makes sense to base it on this) and will have similar features to the old one.

HELP NEEDED: Need some developers who can adapt Estuary with Skin Shortcuts to allow customised menu options and widgets ....

I'll post up some screenshots in a bit and will also create a brand new thread for this.

How you getting on with the new skin? Still on your original skin. Superb
(2018-11-07, 21:29)Tayluur Wrote:
(2018-10-27, 08:40)Steverae Wrote: Everyone

How you getting on with the new skin? Still on your original skin. Superb

Some screen shots - progress is coming on great, thanks to my buddy Ontap.

I’ll release an update in a few days
Hi Guys,

I cannot install this skin from the zip file for some reason. When I try to install it says 'failed to install from zip file'.

I am completely new to kodi so apologies if there is an easy fix to this but I have just been unable to find any resolution.

I love this Skin and would love to have it on Kodi. Can someone possibly help me get it installed?

I am using Kodi 17.3 on Android TV.

Thanks guys.
Extract the skin from the zip file and place it in the "add ons" folder in kodi , then boot up kodi , go to , add-ons , my-addons , look and feel , skin , enable skyQ.
Any update on release for this? Looks amazing
(2018-11-23, 12:45)Mpdm12 Wrote: Any update on release for this? Looks amazing

Still ironing out the niggles, nearly there though, I’ll post a link to the test build tonight this weekend
(2018-11-23, 20:14)Steverae Wrote:
(2018-11-23, 12:45)Mpdm12 Wrote: Any update on release for this? Looks amazing

Still ironing out the niggles, nearly there though, I’ll post a link to the test build tonight this weekend

Sounds good!
Hey

latest version of SKYQ2 skin is available for testing at http://repo.raeenterprises.uk/skin.skyq2.zip

Please can someone implement SkinShortcuts into this skin - This skin is based on estuary.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SkyQ Skin Kodi00