OS SIERRA 2 displays problem
I rule out the hardware tbh. And I don’t know any other full screen application that programmatically changes screens. Firefox is not the best example for that I think cause you use OS X windowing for going to fullscreen with that.

Also you Write that Kodi “thinks” it’s still running on the other screen. You can disregard that observation as it’s most likely a bug that UI is not updated correctly. I consider this a follow up error of something that happens under the hood.
What’s the reason you think your can’t publish a debug log (wiki)?

Those logs should be public because others should have the chance to chime in I helping you. This should not be a one man show by me - at least support should have the option to be as open source as Kodi it self ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2019-03-20, 08:05)Memphiz Wrote: I rule out the hardware tbh. And I don’t know any other full screen application that programmatically changes screens. Firefox is not the best example for that I think cause you use OS X windowing for going to fullscreen with that.

Not sure what 'tbh' means.

What about VLC ? It is open source - it might be helpful to checkout the code.

VLC handles full screen, multiple monitors perfectly. I haven't had any problems with VLC ever. I'm using version 3.0.6 64-bit.
Go to Video menu > Fullscreen Video Device > Screen 2 [1280×720]
Voila! Done - it auto-detects my display resolutions so no need to configure anything like Kodi and it works like a charm: never a need to fiddle or drag windows around.
VLC doesn't have a problem with the 'Spaces' option enabled.

Also, I have VLC setup to move the video between displays with the click of a single controller button and it never gets messed up: I can go back and forth from fullscreen on TV to windowed on iMac display and when I quit and restart it always displays video, by default fullscreen on the TV display.
Quote:Also you Write that Kodi “thinks” it’s still running on the other screen. You can disregard that observation as it’s most likely a bug that UI is not updated correctly. I consider this a follow up error of something that happens under the hood.
It is not just a "UI" problem when Kodi is painting on a fullscreen canvas the size/resolution of the TV when it is running on the iMac display: the result of this is:

1) I cannot even see the 'gear' button to get into Kodi settings since this button is off screen - makes it hard to get out of this mess! Fortunately, I know Kodi well enough to drive blind-folded and can use the cursor key (but not the mouse) to navigate up, then to the right before I click and arrive at the Settings screen ... but then I cannot see the icon for "System" since now it is off-screen past the right edge of my iMac display. I finally arrive at the System/Settings page and try to change the current display from TV/fullscreen to something else, I cannot see the selector buttons but, by trial and error I eventually get back into windowed mode where I can drag the menu back to TV and eventually manage to straighten things out, which means only use Kodi in windowed mode since fullscreen can lead to problems.
2) The UI perfectly reflects the drawing behavior that I described above, in terms of the size of the canvas Kodi is drawing to: it is drawing to a 1280×720 canvas [TV @ 720p resolution] but running on a 1600 x 900 iMac display. That is why I say that Kodi "thinks" it is running on the TV display: the drawing behavior and UI are in agreement and they got thrown off when the TV was turned off and Kodi thinks that it is still drawing to the TV.
Quote:What’s the reason you think your can’t publish a debug log (wiki)?
Those logs should be public because others should have the chance to chime in I helping you. This should not be a one man show by me - at least support should have the option to be as open source as Kodi it self ...
I simply don't want my addons and viewing habits public for the same reason that I don't generally allow cookies or javascript except on a case by case basis. And I use envelopes on letters; not postcards.
If there is a way to upload my Kodi log without having to post a public link for all the data mining bots to harvest and associate with my account on this forum, I would be happy to do so - for anyone on the Kodi team to read. I think it would better if more people would stand up for data privacy in this day and age - though that is probably just a dream.
You can’t compare vlc with Kodi. Kodi is a full screen open gl app with custom windowing. VLC uses native macos windowing.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2019-03-22, 07:48)Memphiz Wrote: You can’t compare vlc with Kodi. Kodi is a full screen open gl app with custom windowing. VLC uses native macos windowing.
 What's wrong with native macos windowing? It works. Kodi doesn't.
Moveover, VLC is cross platform too.

I keep trying to suggest ways to learn something and improve Kodi.
You keep nay-saying.

What is your role in the Kodi organization?
I am the platform maintainer of iOS and macOS. And I know what to do to get rid of most of the issues we have on macos with windowing and multi monitor support.

I started the rewrite of the involved parts in Kodi 2 times already and got blocked either by an apple API and latly by the fact that I am a father now.
There is no quick solution form my side because kodi does not behave that strange on the multi monitor setups i have here. I simply can’t reproduce it.

And as usual nobody else gets his hands dirty in this area (and I mean devs outside of team kodi - there have to be some).

As long as those are the constraints - i try to get information about it and sometimes log files point out issues that I can fix - sometimes not.

It’s not me being lazy or what you might think. It’s just that what I can contribute atm.
Step 1, get rid of SDL Smile
(2019-03-22, 23:18)Memphiz Wrote: I am the platform maintainer of iOS and macOS. And I know what to do to get rid of most of the issues we have on macos with windowing and multi monitor support.

Thanks. I didn't mean to imply I though you were lazy or anything - just wanted to know if you were a developer, QA or customer service, etc.

I hope my latest reply about my experience with "Kodi thinking" it is running on the wrong resolution was clear.
I don't know that I can help much more but will continue to test new releases on my system.

I don't know details of your development environment or the issues of Open GL "custom windowing" vs. "native MacOS API" but sometimes I have had to make calls to external libraries (DLLs or shell execution) to get things done that were outside of the libraries bundled with the immediate development environment.
The roles you mention are common for companies - just in case you didn’t realize yet. We are driven by volunteers.

We don’t really have customers nor something like a customer support or QA unit.

We have users and a bunch of people that do a lot of stuff for the project in different areas - be it development, forum moderation, blog posting or dozens of other stuff. But not that fixed roles you are used to when talking to commercial companies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OS SIERRA 2 displays problem1