v17 Commercial skipping is ahead about 5 seconds
MythTV 0.28 backend is flagging commercials in OTA content from an HDHomerun extend (transcoding to H.264 in the tuner is enabled). I've opened up the resulting recording file in a video editor (Premier Pro) and the flags are spot on. They are exactly on the blank frames between the commercials and the show.

However, when I playback this content in Kodi the skipping happens about 3-5 seconds early, chopping of a little bit of the show. It also resumes playback the same amount early, so I get to see the tail end of the last commercial.

Anyone else see this behavior? I'm new to Kodi/Myth so I don't really know whether this is normal, an artifact of my H.264 transcode, or something new.

Thanks!
Check in your video editor for the closest Key Frame before the commercial mark.

I noticed the Kodi seems to only skip to a key frame.

If you only have key frames every 5-10 seconds, that's likely an option you can tweak in your transcode.
I have noticed this issue as well. Running MythTV 0.28 backend and Kodi v17. The recordings are standard mpeg2. While mythfrontend handles skipping flawless Myth PVR does not. It starts the skip early and so end up missing part of the show and watching the end of commercials. I ran one of the files through ffprobe and there is a key frame during the same second that the switch to the commercial occurs. In fact there is more than one key frame within the same second.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commercial skipping is ahead about 5 seconds0