[17 beta5] Music playback during photos watching
Hello,

I've got a problem with palying music during whatching photos. When I start an slideshow music stops to play.
Under Javris music was palying in the background... Is that a bug or a "feature"?
I have the same issue. First time this happened is in beta 5 so, I guess it's a bug
It was an accidental feature that it used to work. We'll see on adding it back in the correct way. No promises when
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There is a PR to restore the "happy accident" of being able to play background music while looking at a slideshow of pictures. As before the music will stop if the slideshow encounters a video.
(2016-10-31, 23:06)Martijn Wrote: It was an accidental feature that it used to work. We'll see on adding it back in the correct way. No promises when
Gee I hope that is a joke!
No Martijn was quite serious. But the PR restoring this feature (with its limits) has been merged, so subsequent builds will have it working.
(2016-11-01, 10:01)DaveBlake Wrote: There is a PR to restore the "happy accident" of being able to play background music while looking at a slideshow of pictures.

Phew, thank goodness for that. As happy accidents go that one's right up there with the discovery of penicillin as far as I'm concerned. Thanks Dave, I'd be devastated if Kodi lost that ability.
I would really think this was a planned feature. Why not? It's one of the main usages I had with WMC and I really enjoyed this working as well in Kodi.

At some point somebody must have thought that up...no?
Agreed Id be really disappointed if this stopped working, as I use it a lot.
Already fixed in master, check here

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10835
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Funny that this was/is an accidental feature. I think it's a great feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[17 beta5] Music playback during photos watching0