v17 How to delete individual timers from (epg-based) timer list
Not sure if this is a bug or rather a feature request.

I'd like to be able to skip some timers/planned recordings in the list of of automatically generated (epg-based) timers. Currently when I delete one or a couple of timers they get immediately re-scheduled as they still match the epg-based timer rule.

Furthermore, I noticed that when I delete an epg-based timer rule, it says it will also delete all related timers but actually the individual timers are still alive in the timer list and remain active.

Thanks
Right, this is not the desired behaviour. I would rather call it "not yet completely finished" than a bug Smile
I was hoping you say that. Looking forward to KODI 17 final. Definitely love the improvements in the PVR section.
I reworked search timers. Should work now with new version of addon and vnsiserver 1.5.2
Great news. Have not been able to test it, though. Will need to pull latest vnisserver release from github and compile it.

Does this include the possibility to create timers for titles that are not currently in the EPG?

What I mean is, that I would like to schedule a recording for a spciific title even if it is not boradcasted within the next weeks (and thus contained in the EPG data), but have it ready in case it will.

Currently, it looks like I can create it the timer but it never show up in the timer list unless it has a hit in the EPG data.
We are talking about EPG search timers, right? The name implies that an entry in EPG is a requirement for the timer to be created. But the entry does not have to be in the current list of EPG. The search timer will scan EPG periodically and create the timer it it finds a match. That can be years after the search timer was created.
Yes, that's how I would expect it to work.

But how do I know that my timer rule (still) exists. I created two timer rules to look for a specific title that was obviously not in the EPG database. These rules don't show up under timer rules.

If do the same for a title that is in the EPG database, both, the timer rule and the created timers appear immediately.
BTW. Will the addon be updated in the unstable repository any time soon - now that the xbmc-nightly repo has switched to kodi 18?
I updated vnisserver fom github and compiled it, but I am not (yet) familiar with doing the same for kodi and addons.
(2016-12-26, 20:03)Spirou Wrote: Yes, that's how I would expect it to work.

But how do I know that my timer rule (still) exists. I created two timer rules to look for a specific title that was obviously not in the EPG database. These rules don't show up under timer rules.

Not sure if I can follow. Every timer rule you create should show up under timer rules.
I agree it should, however in fact it doesn't. I am using latest kodi 17 beta 7, with vdr 2.3.1. I tried several times, but no timer rule is shown when the title is not found in EPG.
I did a few more tests. I can create a new timer rule with any title as long as I specify a distinct channel. However, if I create a new timer rule for "any channel" the rule will not show up. As a workaround I can create a new rule for a specific channel and then after editing the rule to use "any channel" it will persist.

Not sure if this needs to be fixed in kodi or in the addon ...

Could you perhaps expand on the rework you did?

As a first step I upgraded to the 1.5.2 release of the vdr vnsiserver plugin on my vdr ubuntu system but had to revert as it seems to break compatibility with the librelec alpha build I am using on my Raspbeery Pi (it's using release 2.6.9 of the addon). Will try again after upgrading to latest librelec alpha build. I assume I'd still need 2.9.12 release of your addon to make it work with all features.
No luck with vnsiserver 1.5.2 and latest librelec alpha which contains 2.6.11 release fo the addon. Need to stick with vnsiserver 1.5.1 to keep WAF up until addon is updated in the repo.
what is the issue with 2.6.11?
(2016-12-28, 10:08)FernetMenta Wrote: what is the issue with 2.6.11?

Well, with vnsiserver 1.5.2 active as soon as I enter the tv menu on the Raspberry PI with Libreelec (Alpha 7.90.10; addon version 2.6.11) the screen turns completely black. Looks loke the system stalled. PVR manager started up normally loading the channels and epg data (as shown at the top right corner of the home screen). I need to manually reboot the system to make it work again.

On my main system (Ubuntu Xenial 16.04. which also hosts the vdr 2.3.1 system) I've managed to compile version 2.6.12 of the addon which runs smoothly with both 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 version of vnsiserver.

Never toyed around a lot with libreelec just used it out of the box. I looked for a kodi crashlog but coudn't fnd one. If you let me know which info you need I'll try my best to provide it.

Quick update: The stalling seems to be related with the use of the default Estuary skin. Out of curiosity I tested with Confluence and - voila - no stalling with vnsiserver 1.5.2. active and 2.9.11 release of the addon. However, I noticed the list of scheduled reordings which appears when I switch to the TV menu is somewhat crippled. Maybe that is the reason why it fails in Estuary... Hope that helps.
what is 2.9.11? or do you mean 2.6.11?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete individual timers from (epg-based) timer list0