Metacafe fails
Using Kodi version 16.1 on Ubuntu 16.04. Installation of Metacafe version 0.0.2 seems to work fine, but when I try to access it, I get an error. Here is the log:

14:26:02 T:140423372535552 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/jra/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.metacafe/addon.py", line 133, in <module>
plugin.run()
File "/home/jra/.kodi/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 332, in run
items = self._dispatch(self.request.path)
File "/home/jra/.kodi/addons/script.module.xbmcswift2/lib/xbmcswift2/plugin.py", line 306, in _dispatch
listitems = view_func(**items)
File "/home/jra/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.metacafe/addon.py", line 42, in show_categories
} for category in scraper.get_categories()]
File "/home/jra/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.metacafe/resources/lib/scraper.py", line 43, in get_categories
for option in ul.findAll('option'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll'
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:26:02 T:140424330574144 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.metacafe/
14:26:02 T:140424330574144 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.metacafe/) failed

This looks suspiciously similar to a problem I was having with the "Internet Archive" addon. That was solved with an updated addon. Is there a more recent version of Metacafe??
Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metacafe fails0