v14 Audio Input
Hi All,
I've purchased an Amazon Echo Dot, probably wont use it - more of a novelty item?

I need to hook the Echo up to my sound system as the Dot doesn't have a speaker.

I'm currently using Kodi Ubuntu with TOSLink cable from my PC straight to a home cinema system.

I cant plug the echo into the home cinema system.

My thought is to plug the echo into the microphone slot on the pc and have it permanently active through kodi, so that I can hear the echo over the top of kodi.

Any way of doing this? I cant see any microphone options in kodi itself, and I'm a complete novice when it comes to Ubuntu.

Thanks.
No I don't think that will work. Why not just plug it into the home cinema system?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think that's going to have to be the answer, cant find any other solution Sad But it means having to switch between AUX and Toslink inputs on my home cinema all the time Sad
Yes I can see that would be annoying. What about "Alexa, switch amplifier to Aux"?

Or a simple set of powered speakers?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Input0