Do you know where your going
I Would like this to be added to the Tips and Tricks Forum, if you feel its valid, if not then hit junk.
Because its not the TK's job to keep your PC "bug free" its your job.
First this is not so much a Kodi related issue, just a heads up about what you click on in Forum.and WWW

I saw in the Youtube HD thread, some replies, which is the reason for this thread.
Because my daughter, who turns 21 next year, would have downloaded everything that was linked and written in that thread.
When she became an adult and got her own place, she left her laptop for me to have, i looked at what programs were installed, and gave up.
I removed the hard disk, got my sledge hammer and beat the crap out of it, WHY?
Malware, Ad-ware, Virus you name it, and this happen because when ever she installed something "she can't read English very well" every box would get ticked,
Do you want to install PC Utilities 2014? sure why not. !!!!! NO NO NO

1. If you download from Youtube, make sure it has a download button, that is legal.
2. Or make sure fair use applies to you, what is fair use? read the kodi rules.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Forum_rules#Posting

3. make sure when you download from a link posted in forum or web, that its safe.
Some of the "tools" posted have bad hosts, AND THIS IS MY OPINION
I never download from
"Softonic" or "CNET Download."
I would stay away from Freemake and any video

4. In most browsers if you mouse over a link "hold the cursor over link" you can see at the bottom of your browser where the link goes.

So if you have trouble reading English, do not just tick away when you install software.

I fully understands this is not Kodi's problem if "someone" who has a brain, but never turns the light on, installs "bad software" from links posted in the forum.
And if the TK reading this think, ohh no not him again another brainless idea, i am fine with that just "vendor it"
If you feel my "tips" make good sense and deserve to be moved to the Tips and Tricks forum, feel free to edit my text and correct my spelling PLEASE DO.
Or write me and tell me what needs to be corrected before it qualifies as worth reading, i am fully aware of my short comings, or total lack of proper grammar and punctuation use.
The End, really? your sure about that? Big Grin
"The jokes need to go ofc but i like cheering you guys up"
Is that what your doing?, because i feel like taking a baseball bat to your head and yell BATTER UP.
Thank You
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
The Kodi forum is all about the software Kodi and it's community. The Tips and Tricks forum is primarily a Kodi driven area and is not intended as a computer or web primer.

Your points are well taken, and the meaning is understandable and certainly not 'jumk', given some of the questions in the forum. But guiding people in the basics of the operation of a PC should be left to mentoring individuals and public institutions. Kodi is fairly sophisticated software and it's operation is not the best tool for users just starting off learning the basics, although some of the guides and wiki's point at subject matter you bring to light, it's more of a reminder of the consequences overlooking our web travels.

The login rules and forum regulations spells out some of the The web blog cautions and some of the dangers that must be avoided to keep a clean well operational Kodi.

Your numbered list, expanded.

1) The Youtube Kodi default add-on doesn't have a download function.
2) Fair use applies to everyone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
3) The Internal Kodi, official repository add-ons have been vetted.
There are links to development software in the forums that only experienced users should consider.
4) The base operation of a web browser is best left to learning institutions.

Just because some people don't follow a safe path, doesn't mean they're lacking inelegance or taking fool hardy risks, it's just outside the influence or concerns of this forum. Bad links in the forum are expunged as fast as possible and we need all users to help police this.

This thread will get best exposure in Off-Topic [PatK]
Thank You Patk
Yes i agree with you, and as you said the add-on itself does not have a dl function, i was just shocked when people started posting links to "other" ways of dl, without considering the legality of their action.
Big Grin
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you know where your going0