AsRock ION 330
I have an old AsRock ION 330 that Installed XBMC I believe back in 2009 and its been running flawlessly.
I have the following working
Xbox Remote
Dual Audio for HDMI and Toslink

However I seriously need to put something newer on it so I can say I'm with the times. Any suggestions to which way I should go with this?

Sorry for sounding so blunt and lazy its only because I'm way behind the times on this and I'm totally being honest.
I'm using libreelec on a couple of (similar spec) revo r3610s - easy to install, runs great. No idea on dual audio availability, it's not a requirement for me. Also no idea on the remote, i use MCEs.
I've got a Revo 3600 and a 3700, both used daily. I also run LE (Jarvis at the moment) on them, so there's a theme emerging for you here...

Remotes are via a CEC adapter on each; there's no dual audio, but the audio profile switcher addon (I have a shortcut in my favourites menu, so no skin hacking required) toggles nicely between HDMI and optical output.
Thanks guys. Its been a long time since I've tinkered with any of this. Everything has just worked great over the years, but I figured its time to give things an update. Looks like LibreElec might just be the thing to do.
I do have a question regarding your remotes. Prof Yaffe uses a CEC adapter which has me intrigued and troggy uses a MCE which I'm guessing is a Microsoft remote. I don't recall if my AsRock 330 has an infrared sensor in it or not so unless I can get my Xbox Dongle to work with remote I'll have to come up with a Dongle/Remote solution. Looks like the CEC adapter takes over and makes it a wired connection from your TV so you could use your TV remote. Hmmmmmm that's kinda nifty right there.

Mean time I'll take some time to download and give this all an install on a USB stick and run it through its paces some. Worst case I can play around using LIVE before erasing my drive and reloading it again. Then again this might be a good excuse to either play with an SSD/USB boot since it would make things a lot faster.

Prof Yaffle thanks for the info on the switcher. I just wanted to make sure I could switch back and forth from HDMI to Optical. We generally watch shows low volume via HDMI and when we want to go loud we fire up the Optical simply because it just works great in my situation.
I use the audio in much the same way - 2-channel through the TV on HDMI most of the time, then 5.1 through the amp when I want to deafen the kids.

Re: the CEC adapter - exactly - assuming your TV supports it (most do), you just use your TV remote and the commands are passed through to Kodi as you press the buttons. You can then play around with the keymap as you wish, so I've got the coloured buttons mapped to menu/info, you can pause/rewind using the VCR keys on a typical TV remote, you can use the navigation keys to move around the Kodi UI. I've been using them for a number of years now, and I think they're fantastic - they certainly pass any spouse/child usability tests.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AsRock ION 3300