OpenSubtitles addon will stop without authentication
Exclamation 
Hello,

opensubtitles admin here - we insert for couple of weeks in subtitles message, that user needs to be logged in to use the opensubtitles addon.

Soon we will force to all users to be logged in - so you should log in.

If you don't want to log in, check this https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtopi...005#p36005
I'm confused. Why enforce logins, and then simultaneously release a new addon that doesn't require it?
Log in does not work from add-on (both add-ons, Kodi repository and downloaded zip from OpenSubtitles page)
My credentials are ok, I checked on web page and I can log in there.
I use that credentials in add-on and I get msg that I should log in (add-on did not log in)
Same here. He Opensubs what is this? Please fix this asap. Both apps do not work (with and without name and pasword... )
My biggest question is, if you want a new add-on, why don't just provide that add-on in our repository ?
Why not just have it distributed by our mirror system the way it was ?

You could just as well have asked to become the maintainer.

Oh, and also: you state several times the "updated" add-on allows login without auth, but all you added was a different logo, name and version number.
(2016-11-24, 20:38)sk0mi Wrote: Log in does not work from add-on (both add-ons, Kodi repository and downloaded zip from OpenSubtitles page)
My credentials are ok, I checked on web page and I can log in there.
I use that credentials in add-on and I get msg that I should log in (add-on did not log in)

I think that message appears to anyone, regardless if they are logged-in or not.
everything works here. Make sure you are using official KODI, if you are using something unofficial in KODI, please complain on their support forum and let me know. Triple check your username and password in KODI opensubtitles addon
(2016-11-25, 07:40)opensubtitles Wrote: everything works here. Make sure you are using official KODI, if you are using something unofficial in KODI, please complain on their support forum and let me know. Triple check your username and password in KODI opensubtitles addon

http://blog.opensubtitles.website/progra...-login-fix

See comments. Maybe you need help in one form or the other.
What's the point of forcing users to login? Seems like a nice way to scare off (novice/new) users, if that's the goal.
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Same here. He Opensubs what is this? Please fix this asap. Both apps do not work (with and without name and pasword.
there is nothing to fix. User either login using addon in official repository (and they get "acceptable ads"), or they use addon where they dont have to login (and they get normal ads, nothing serious). If we can not monetize the official addon, then users have to login, sorry.

go to http://osdb.link/kodi - everything works.
This is stupid.

OpenSubtitles already collect/steal subs from anywhere...adding stupid ads lines etc
Now forced logins....not for me.
Once I thought I was mistaken, but I was mistaken.
Don't say thanks, if I helped, just rate my reputation =)
I guess I'll just uninstall this, then.
I make set posters! (I also take requests)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenSubtitles addon will stop without authentication0