Kodi 18 - LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0216: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.10 #1 Thu Feb 16 21:22:52 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Feb 16 2017 15:34:24
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version abfd0abf215ac9dfb3f57c5a3f6ab202eebc1d93 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170216212145-#0216-gfa59578 [Build #0216]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4c792db). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (fa595784, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (11a15fc0, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware (GPIO fixes)
  2. New 4.9.10 kernel
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Feb 16):
    • firmware: FXL6408/GPIOman: Support config of termination via dt-blob
    • firmware: GPIO expander: Add API to reconfigure pins
    • firmware: GPIOMAN: Add API to reconfigure pins
    • firmware: Mailbox service: Add command to reconfigure GPIO setup
    • firmware: FXL6408: Return success code on reading status of an output
    • firmware: GPIO expander: Add set/get_config functions to dummy driver
  2. XBMC:
    • [codegenerator] initialize pointers with nullptr if they have no value (PR:11677, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: VideoReferenceClock to the right place (PR:11592, 4 commits, 46 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] compare: linux: update to linux-4.9.10
    • Added: [env] PR:1355: xorg-server: clean package when nvidia drivers are bumped

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-16 21:09)linkinsoldier Wrote:  What exactly are you looking for in the debug log?

Not me personally, but hopefully a full debug log might provide clues to a developer that knows more about this (ping @garbear?)

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
T_Turner Offline
Subscribing, disregard post.
find quote
linkinsoldier Offline
(2017-02-17 01:01)Milhouse Wrote:  
(2017-02-16 21:09)linkinsoldier Wrote:  What exactly are you looking for in the debug log?

Not me personally, but hopefully a full debug log might provide clues to a developer that knows more about this (ping @garbear?)
Ok I will try to get the details to garbear!
find quote
garbear Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
(2017-02-15 23:05)linkinsoldier Wrote:  I think I found a bug in the controller mapping: I mapped 4 controller with the rpi3 via Bluetooth. I started with controller 1 and have been going on until the last (controller 4) was connected via Bluetooth. After this I played and at some point I shutdown the rpi. At some other day I took the old controller 3 and connected / started it (and only this controller). Funny enough the ps3 controller (Nr.3) showed player 1 (correctly!) and I could play nes and game boy games... But when I started a snes game nothing happened when I pressed the buttons start and select (exiting the game via PS button works)... Restarting it gets me the same situation, however when I reconnect the old controller (Nr. 1) I can play as player 1 (although it says player 2 on the controller). The emulator is pocketsnes.

How can I support further?

This sounds like a bug. Can you post a debug log? Kodi logs every button pressed and the resulting actions they map to, so I can usually see what goes wrong.

(2017-02-16 21:09)linkinsoldier Wrote:  Using bnes as emulator fixes this, so I guess emulator bug?

There are seven SNES emulators: Game_add-ons#Libretro_cores (wiki) . Which ones work? Which ones have problems?

(2017-02-16 21:09)linkinsoldier Wrote:  does this help? if not, can i send you the zip file via email?

Yes, this is helpful. I've been trying to fix these remaining input bugs for the last year. Can you give me steps so that I can reproduce the problem?

BTC: 1JtXwJdGdE9YnYgThWBT2StFCU5sEYkbVD (personal), https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate-bitcoin (foundation). Donations in the form of controllers, especially ones that don't work in Kodi, are also appreciated.
find quote
Solo0815 Offline
Posting Freak
Edit: Skin issue. Please ignore it. Sorry

I cant list my VDR-recordings anymore (RPi3 - LE 8 - Milhouse 0213).
The recordings are stored on WetekPlay with LE 7.95.3

Is this a known problem?
Thx

PC: Kubuntu 16.10 and Win7/10 --- Wetek Play: LibreELEC 7.95.x --- RPi3: 7.95.x --- NAS: OMV 2.x
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-17 17:16 by Solo0815.)
find quote
esco Offline
(2017-02-14 21:05)Milhouse Wrote:  
(2017-02-14 17:58)esco Wrote:  Thank you Milhouse. I have tested 4.10-rc8 build #0213x build and unfortunatelly the same behavior occurs.

Can you provide log information? "journalctl -a", "dmesg" and "kodi.log"?

Is #0101 the last build that has this working mux, or just the last working build you've used? Can you identify when this mux problem started in the normal daily builds?

We switched to using the media_build package in #0108 so you might be able to confirm that is when the problem started (ie. #0107 works, #0108 doesn't).

#0107 is fine, no issues at all. With #0108 I am able to scan muxes (however some "poll timeout" errors appear) but unable to watch TV - the log is full of MPEG2AUDIO/ H264 "Invalid start code" and "Continuity counter" errors. Am I supposed to send the logs with the latest #____x build?
Thank you.
find quote
doldi Offline
Fan
Hi popcornmix and milhouse

the problem with to fast scrolling with mouse in a folder is always on all Kodi Krypton builds for RPi and win32 present.
Nobody of the "skin - developer" have fixed them - making a little youtube-video and have postet that in the relevant thread some times ago.

New for my is, that i have now problems in Kodi-Menue to scroll in Addons:

Scrolling down and up (vertical) Video-/Musik-/Programm-Addons and Pictures will only work sometimes/temporarily with mouse.
It's to slow and choppy ant it needs a long time so to select something.

...horizontal scrolling in a selectet addon works perfect.

it aint't fun to me - I can't help myself.
Take 80% of speed from the folder-scrolling and add this to addonscrolling :-)

Please help us to resolve this or i have to buy additional two logitech k400 keyboards, because all arrow-keys will work. :-)

Best regards
Harald
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-17 15:56 by doldi.)
find quote
linkinsoldier Offline
(2017-02-17 08:44)garbear Wrote:  
(2017-02-15 23:05)linkinsoldier Wrote:  I think I found a bug in the controller mapping: I mapped 4 controller with the rpi3 via Bluetooth. I started with controller 1 and have been going on until the last (controller 4) was connected via Bluetooth. After this I played and at some point I shutdown the rpi. At some other day I took the old controller 3 and connected / started it (and only this controller). Funny enough the ps3 controller (Nr.3) showed player 1 (correctly!) and I could play nes and game boy games... But when I started a snes game nothing happened when I pressed the buttons start and select (exiting the game via PS button works)... Restarting it gets me the same situation, however when I reconnect the old controller (Nr. 1) I can play as player 1 (although it says player 2 on the controller). The emulator is pocketsnes.

How can I support further?

This sounds like a bug. Can you post a debug log? Kodi logs every button pressed and the resulting actions they map to, so I can usually see what goes wrong.

(2017-02-16 21:09)linkinsoldier Wrote:  Using bnes as emulator fixes this, so I guess emulator bug?

There are seven SNES emulators: Game_add-ons#Libretro_cores (wiki) . Which ones work? Which ones have problems?

(2017-02-16 21:09)linkinsoldier Wrote:  does this help? if not, can i send you the zip file via email?

Yes, this is helpful. I've been trying to fix these remaining input bugs for the last year. Can you give me steps so that I can reproduce the problem?

Its pretty reproducable with the description above and the game super Mario all-stars on pocketsnes but I will give further details on weekend. The input on the bnes emulator works (but is too slow on rpi3), pocketsnes has the issue with the input but is working great otherwise!

In which one of the debug logs can I look for your information? I reproduced it twice yesterday but couldn't find anything regarding button press... Did I maybe enable the wrong debug log for this test?
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-17 15:55 by linkinsoldier.)
find quote
MatteN Offline
#0216 broke my CEC again, have to reboot Pi after tv been shut down, with #0215 its ok.
find quote
popcornmix Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-17 15:42)doldi Wrote:  the problem with to fast scrolling with mouse in a folder is always on all Kodi Krypton builds for RPi and win32 present.
Nobody of the "skin - developer" have fixed them - making a little youtube-video and have postet that in the relevant thread some times ago.

If it's a general kodi issue that effect win32 then I'd suggest you open a trac ticket. It is not something we will be fixing here.
find quote
garbear Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
(2017-02-17 15:53)linkinsoldier Wrote:  Its pretty reproducable with the description above and the game super Mario all-stars on pocketsnes but I will give further details on weekend. The input on the bnes emulator works (but is too slow on rpi3), pocketsnes has the issue with the input but is working great otherwise!

I'll try super mario all-stars with pocketnes and see if I can get it to bug out.

(2017-02-17 15:53)linkinsoldier Wrote:  In which one of the debug logs can I look for your information? I reproduced it twice yesterday but couldn't find anything regarding button press... Did I maybe enable the wrong debug log for this test?

There's only 1 log, kodi.log, but it sounds like "debug logging" is disabled so you're only seeing INFO, WARNING and ERROR lines. You can enable debug logging from settings (see Debug_log (wiki) )

BTC: 1JtXwJdGdE9YnYgThWBT2StFCU5sEYkbVD (personal), https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate-bitcoin (foundation). Donations in the form of controllers, especially ones that don't work in Kodi, are also appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-17 23:22 by garbear.)
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2017-02-17 10:41)esco Wrote:  
(2017-02-14 21:05)Milhouse Wrote:  
(2017-02-14 17:58)esco Wrote:  Thank you Milhouse. I have tested 4.10-rc8 build #0213x build and unfortunatelly the same behavior occurs.

Can you provide log information? "journalctl -a", "dmesg" and "kodi.log"?

Is #0101 the last build that has this working mux, or just the last working build you've used? Can you identify when this mux problem started in the normal daily builds?

We switched to using the media_build package in #0108 so you might be able to confirm that is when the problem started (ie. #0107 works, #0108 doesn't).

#0107 is fine, no issues at all. With #0108 I am able to scan muxes (however some "poll timeout" errors appear) but unable to watch TV - the log is full of MPEG2AUDIO/ H264 "Invalid start code" and "Continuity counter" errors. Am I supposed to send the logs with the latest #____x build?
Thank you.

Logs from latest build is fine, yes. In build #0108 we switched to the media_build package for DVB support so it's possible some hardware isn't fully supported in the media_build package. This will need input from a media_build expert - post your logs and I'll ping someone.

find quote
linkinsoldier Offline
(2017-02-17 23:21)garbear Wrote:  
(2017-02-17 15:53)linkinsoldier Wrote:  Its pretty reproducable with the description above and the game super Mario all-stars on pocketsnes but I will give further details on weekend. The input on the bnes emulator works (but is too slow on rpi3), pocketsnes has the issue with the input but is working great otherwise!

I'll try super mario all-stars with pocketnes and see if I can get it to bug out.

(2017-02-17 15:53)linkinsoldier Wrote:  In which one of the debug logs can I look for your information? I reproduced it twice yesterday but couldn't find anything regarding button press... Did I maybe enable the wrong debug log for this test?

There's only 1 log, kodi.log, but it sounds like "debug logging" is disabled so you're only seeing INFO, WARNING and ERROR lines. You can enable debug logging from settings (see Debug_log (wiki) )
Will try tomorrow. You have to start the first game (Mario Bros. 85 or so) and then you will get 1 player or 2 player selection and you can then start it with the start button but then only the second controller input works...

Maybe fifa 97 is easier? Here no controller input seem to work with pocketsnes!

see github issue:
https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libret...2/issues/2
(This post was last modified: 2017-02-18 12:30 by linkinsoldier.)
find quote
garbear Offline
Team-Kodi Developer
I've added the bugs to the Release Notes in the RetroPlayer test builds thread. I'm tracking all core-specific bugs in their github repos. Can you open Issues on the cores that don't work? If you don't have a github account, I'll open the issues myself when I get a chance to reproduce this bug.

find quote