v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-04-29, 14:44)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-04-29, 09:44)brunis Wrote: A few comments, not specifically related to latest and greatest build.

1. Browsing movies, leaves the previously cached background image visible until a new one is fetched for the actively hoverede movie. I'm sure if you have a fast connection and live near imdb.com's servers you'll never see this. But i'm in Africa on 10 mbit. So if you could clear and show a blank background when you change title hover, until you fetched the new one?
2. Will some of the old more underlying issues ever be fixed? Like, will we ever see a hardware pointer? Will we ever move to other rendering form that doesn't suck the life out of a device like the Pi? I'm not assuming anyone will write a full vulkan driver for the Pi's chipset, but i'm still dreaming. Smile
3. After all these package updates, i think a few new default settings are in order. Like adding a default samba user, so it doesn't have to be an "expert" setting just to be able to browse your movie library. Same goes for your gigantic default overscan, it makes every side of the screen unreadable on every screen i ever used Kodi on. How about making it a bit smaller, so it'll fit by default and then leave it to the experts to expand it? Yes, the overscan setting is actually called video "calibration".

Hoping you'll consider some of these fixes/suggestions.

1. You could also avoid using remote artwork, and/or pre-load your cache overnight (see script in my signature, which is also included as standard in these builds)
2. Don't know
3a. Can you provide more detail on why a default Samba user (presumably for SMB Client settings) would be useful? I agree the SMB Client settings shouldn't be hidden away under Advanced/Expert, that's something we could consider changing.
3b. Have you configured the TV correctly to use 1:1 pixel mapping? 
 1. Thanks, i like the artwork and i dont mind it loading. I just dont like it displaying the wrong artwork until it finds the right one.
2. Alright, like i said, i'll keep dreaming Smile
3a. I just wanted some defaults, so Samba would actually work out of the box, instead of having to figure out which of the 3 samba protocols work with my network. How about some friendly helpers like SMB3 (Windows10 compatible). Samba2 (Windows 7 Compat). Etc. You can't expect every Kodi user to be a linux system administrator. I have shifted to NFS now, i think it's probably a better lower level, less cpu consuming way of just reading movies across the lan.
3b. My tv does not seem to have this setting and neither do the 2 pc monitors i hooked it up to. They are all affected by this issue.

Thank you for an awesome mediaplayer that i have been using since i modded my first Xbox.

Messages In This Thread
WD MyCloud - by crisp waffles - 2017-09-06, 03:11
No 3D Playback since Version - by Mike74 - 2017-10-09, 19:25
Migrating from RPi2 to RPi1 - by RappaSan - 2017-11-10, 14:45
RE: Migrating from RPi2 to RPi1 - by Milhouse - 2017-11-10, 21:06
RE: Migrating from RPi2 to RPi1 - by RappaSan - 2017-11-11, 09:17
Resolution broken after 0415 - by lozbrown85 - 2018-04-20, 11:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) - by brunis - 2018-05-01, 14:56
popt 1.16 - by n0n4m3 - 2018-06-29, 00:28
RE: popt 1.16 - by Milhouse - 2018-06-29, 06:39
A plugin to be resurrected - by ArminiusTux - 2018-10-22, 22:02
RE: A plugin to be resurrected - by Milhouse - 2018-10-23, 02:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24