• 439(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
This doesn't seem to be specific to RPi, but when I try to play a TV recording that is still running, using the MediaPortal plugin, I cannot resume from a previous position (e.g. from playing on another network client). It asks if I want to resume, but always starts from the beginning. I also cannot skip forward through the recording, although fast forward works. The skip steps do not show up in the OSD. It's as if I am simply not pressing the button.

Will provide logs if needed, but would also be good to know if this is a more general problem with all TV plugins, or something specific to MediaPortal.

Regards,

Mark
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1005: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: a694bfb3eef6b4b75ad539ce8ccec8b158cb8a0b37c89d26e4f26ef9e3914585 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 76e71cc673c32c24463ac95d66c07bbd8901bddb7709168741687d4449215223 (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.18.11 #1 Sat Oct 6 05:41:34 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 21 2018 15:48:28
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 07f57128b8491ffdefcdfd13f7b4961b3006d9a9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181006054023-#1005-g6499607 [Build #1005]

# Kodi version
(18.0-BETA4 Git:9a39347). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6499607, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9a39347, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Adjust PVR context menus for timer and timer rule objects
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [docs] add skinning changelog tags (PR:14521, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Adjust PVR context menus for timer and timer rule objects (PR:14524, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. pvr.vuplus:
    • Settings class, refactor, additions and fixed (PR:99, 0 commits, 0 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [settings] Experiment: Report DESKTOP resolution in video settings (443a9691)
      • Revert "[settings] Experiment: Report DESKTOP resolution in video settings" (6c26a5ca)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,

I made a update from Kodi 17.6 to the latest Build here and now I´m missing the audio option "boost centre channel". I head read this is no longer in this build so my question is -is there a new way a new option for the same function, cause it was very easy to use and very helpful at night. Or is this temp. out and it comes back again?
(2018-10-06, 11:41)ugotit Wrote: I made a update from Kodi 17.6 to the latest Build here and now I´m missing the audio option "boost centre channel". I head read this is no longer in this build so my question is -is there a new way a new option for the same function, cause it was very easy to use and very helpful at night. Or is this temp. out and it comes back again?
This is now in the audio settings that can be brought up by pressing OK / enter during playback.

so long,

Hias
(2018-10-06, 10:31)mcelliott Wrote: This doesn't seem to be specific to RPi, but when I try to play a TV recording that is still running, using the MediaPortal plugin, I cannot resume from a previous position (e.g. from playing on another network client). It asks if I want to resume, but always starts from the beginning. I also cannot skip forward through the recording, although fast forward works. The skip steps do not show up in the OSD. It's as if I am simply not pressing the button.

Will provide logs if needed, but would also be good to know if this is a more general problem with all TV plugins, or something specific to MediaPortal.
 As a follow-up, I have updated my Windows systems to beta 3, and they work fine. RPi2 #1005 doesn't even fast forward now, and (as above) doesn't skip forward.
(2018-10-05, 19:15)techie67 Wrote: Hi, i told my pi to show the boot messages while starting within the contex of an error analysis. Now i cannot remember where i did that. Can anybody please tell me how to hide them?
Chris

(Re)Adding a "quiet" to /flash/cmdline.txt did the trick.
(11 hours ago)mcelliott Wrote: This doesn't seem to be specific to RPi, but when I try to play a TV recording that is still running, using the MediaPortal plugin, I cannot resume from a previous position (e.g. from playing on another network client). It asks if I want to resume, but always starts from the beginning. I also cannot skip forward through the recording, although fast forward works. The skip steps do not show up in the OSD. It's as if I am simply not pressing the button.

Hi,

Ive reported this too, its probably being looked into
It does seem were the only two that have reported it and were both using mediaportal, so that could be the problem.

Regards 

Bucky..
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1006: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 192b8b26659b35fc40d72d5d17c50cb3e418613c7206f76807fb9bd7e1838761 (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 38aab5ea26b557f80672896c32518a30a0dee4a0a886cd82ed40b5bb22d9377c (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.18.11 #1 Sat Oct 6 21:04:19 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 21 2018 15:48:28
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 07f57128b8491ffdefcdfd13f7b4961b3006d9a9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20181006210251-#1006-g24504bb [Build #1006]

# Kodi version
(18.0-BETA4 Git:e67fb0d). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (24504bb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e67fb0d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ApplicationPlayer: Fix playlists by correctly switching players
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • slice-drivers: update to 8a2bdcd (PR:3023, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • u-boot: only append suffix when creating multiple u-boot variants (PR:3021, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kernel 4.18.11 bump (PR:3022, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr] Verify parent timer rule is deletable before prompting to delete it (PR:14527, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Docs] Add documentation for Window IDs (PR:14509, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • ApplicationPlayer: Fix playlists by correctly switching players (PR:14525, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [env] PR:3022 ([url=]perma): kernel 4.18.11 bump (meh)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi guys.

I have last version of Kodi and last version of Netflix plugin (from first topic). But I have problem with Netflix - video is not running smoothly. I have rpi 2.
(2018-10-07, 20:52)Konsti Wrote: I have last version of Kodi and last version of Netflix plugin (from first topic). But I have problem with Netflix - video is not running smoothly. I have rpi 2.
On RPi2 you probably have to limit the resolution to 480p in Inputstream adaptive settings. Decoding 720p needs a lot of CPU power, even RPi3 can't cope with 720p without overclock - RPi3B+ usually manages that well.

so long,

Hias
Hi!
I have a trouble installing some addons. I have used a clean installation on my Pi3 after SD crash from here https://libreelec.tv/downloads
After that I have installed the latest 1005 (and 1006) build from here  http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/RPi2 by putting tar file into Update share and reboot.

Now I cant install some addons (for example system tools from LibreElec Addons). There is the message that os.libreelec.tv is missing.
The same problem was when I tried to install Libreelec.Devupdate from http://addons.leopold.me.uk
It can be done only if I edit version string in dependency section of os.libreelec.tv to "9.0" (this ver is in sources) instead of initial "7.0"

Is it bug in new builds in dependency checker that prevents to use standart addons from "LibreElec Addons" repository? How can I install those standart addons without tweaking?
Thanx in advance!
(2018-10-08, 11:15)E_g_o_r Wrote: Is it bug in new builds in dependency checker that prevents to use standart addons from "LibreElec Addons" repository? How can I install those standart addons without tweaking?
Thanx in advance!

It's a Kodi bug - just ignore the bogus "not available" dependency warning and continue with the add-on installation, no tweaking required.
(2018-10-08, 11:48)Milhouse Wrote: It's a Kodi bug - just ignore the bogus "not available" dependency warning and continue with the add-on installation, no tweaking required.
Thanx, but this cannot be ignored - addons are not installing after this message Sad
Have to wait from kodi team to work on this bug?
Can you start a thread on the LibreELEC forum? Unfortunately I can't verify that add-ons are not installing right now due to bogus dependencies but maybe someone else will be able to. This isn't really a problem specific to these test builds and should be reproducible with 8.90.005 etc.

I'm not sure if there are any immediate plans to address the issue in Kodi. If necessary LibreELEC 9 will have to hack a solution that will work for the add-ons we include in the LibreELEC builds, but that is a last resort.

Edit: I'm pretty certain that the "not available" warning for built-in add-ons (such as os.openelec.tv) does not prevent add-ons from being installed in LibreELEC, so if you're having problems it may be due to something else (network problems?) in which case start a new thread and post a debug log. Just make sure you are selecting "OK" when shown the dependency dialog. Obviously there will be times when dependencies really are not available, but that is not the case with the built-in add-ons (os.libreelec.tv, script.module.pycryptodome etc.).
I have noticed something slightly strange that has gone on for a while. If I watch some low bitrate h264 movies and skip around in them for a bit. Then the CPU speed goes down to 600 MHz. If I then try play a more challenging 10bit Hevc movie then it won't play properly because the CPU speed does not seem to recover to 1200 MHz. If I restart Kodi, the CPU speed recovers to 1200 MHz and all my files play fine. Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?
  • 439(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24