What is coolest weirdest stuff you guys did with Kodi?
Hi,

I just want to know what some of the weirdest coolest stuff youve done with Kodi. I read somewhere, probably on here about a dude making his volume turn down when his door bell rang lol

Share?
Something guests are always impressed with is my hue lights dimming on playback.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I always thought this was pretty cool.

Just read a thread a few nights back where a guy was integrating Amazon Alexa Voice control with his Kodi. Thought that was pretty cool.

Lights behind the tv piece above is pretty sweet.
Once upon a time, I used XBMC on Classic Xbox's as streaming video STBs which received video streamed from the LAN of the main events room of an Anime Convention and displayed it on TVs setup elsewhere around the convention at specific locations.
(2016-12-03, 07:03)natethomas Wrote: I always thought this was pretty cool.

That really is pretty cool.
Weirdest for me would be using Kodi for a funeral a short while ago. They needed to loop a video that showed a nice slideshow with music that they had already made, and I wanted to make it as easy as possible for them to get this running. It took me less than 10 minutes to prepare a Raspberry Pi with a simple script, that I found on the forum, to automatically start a playlist and looped it. I also made sure it was set up to route audio through the analog port, since they needed that for funeral home's sound system. Had they given me more time, I could have set up Kodi to do the slideshow itself and change the music instead of looping it each time with the pictures.

I could now give them a box that only needed to be plugged in. No buttons or special instructions needed.

I imagine someone who knows a little programming/scripting could have figured out something more efficient (run some simple command line thing, etc), but Kodi allows people like me to set up specific use cases in very little time. I didn't have to worry about it working or not, and I knew I could override things and change them through a simple interface, if needed.

That might not have been the coolest thing I can think of for Kodi, but it certainly was the weirdest use of the program that I've done.
I have done the Ambilight thing on a Pi 1 and Pi 2. Wouldn't be without one now. The coolest thing I think I have done is building a linux media server, out of a scrapped PC. Then setting up MySQL and sharing my library to 6 Kodi devices, creating a proper whole house system.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
i always feel weird when launching another player than Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is coolest weirdest stuff you guys did with Kodi?1