• 7(current)
FanArt backdrop support in XBMC's skinning-engine and scrapers (for Music and Videos)
Jeroen Wrote:Yes only TV Shows are supported atm, and local fanart in the form of a fanart.jpg wil override any downloaded fanart.

How do you refresh the local fanart? I added some after the xbox already downloaded it.

So, to feel like I'm beating a dead horse here... Big Grin

If the tv shows can just find a fanart.jpg and use it...can't this be done for movie folders as well.
Movie/TVShow Information -> Fanart.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok i was wrong. i thought it was only available for tv shows, though i've never used either. all i knew was that the tvshows table kept a fanart property. (hmm, that may be the difference. only tvshow fanart is scraped?)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Correct.

jmarshall Wrote:Movie/TVShow Information -> Fanart.

I can still only get it working on Win32 and not the Xbox.
well, if somebody steps up and does the moviexml scraper i'll gladly add the field to the movie table =P
spiff Wrote:well, if somebody steps up and does the moviexml scraper i'll gladly add the field to the movie table =P

There is a scraper for Movie-XML (at least one came with my T3CH build). I know nothing about xml coding or programming, but I did look at the Movie-XML scraper and the TVDB scraper (which M-XML is based on) in notepad and could not find fanart mentioned in the M-XML, but it is in the TVDB scraper. Would it be as simple as copying the code over from one to the other and changing the TVDB,com url to Movie-XML.com?

Also, could the field be added to the movie table so that local fanart would work? I'm not sure if Movie-XML.com ever implemented their fanart as the last forum post about it seems to be a debate over the fanart dimensions. Several skins allow for Movie fanart and have the ability to browse locally for the picture to use. It simply doesn't show up on the Xbox, but does (according to other users) on the Linux and (possibly?) Win32 builds.

And a big thank you to all the coders who bring us XBMC, Skins, Scrapers, and anything I missed! Smile
It doesn't need an entry in the db for local fanart. If it doesn't show on xbox, then it's a bug - please post a bug report on trac.

jmarshall Wrote:It doesn't need an entry in the db for local fanart. If it doesn't show on xbox, then it's a bug - please post a bug report on trac.

Did that earlier today.......#4357 Smile
Movie-XML.com website does not feature fanart yet, see http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=876
Also checkout a related discussion MeediOS/Meedio here:
http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2454
It contain loads of local fanart you can download for movies, music artists, and games, etc.

Cool
Oh just noticed movie fanart is now working on the xbox using a newly compiled build from the SVN - thanks very much for that!

Cheers
okay, rephrase. if somebody does a updated WORKING movie-xml scraper.
i know what sits in svn, believe me Wink
Lightbulb 
Movie FanArt could be added via moviebackdrops.com in the future
szsori Wrote:http://moviebackdrops.com/

The API is pretty simple. It's all based off IMDB's movie ids, so you just use that to form a link: http://moviebackdrops.com/backdrops/tt0443701/. That will just be a list of the fan art for the movie, tab-delimited to include the thumb.
spiff Wrote:added to imdb scraper, patch is available here until svn gets back in order if you want to play with it

Cool
Question 
Now we have this amazing FanArt backdrop eye candy for Movies and TV-Series. I would really like it come true for Music Artists/Bands/Albums as well.

Something like this mockup: http://i34.tinypic.com/4qfv69.jpg

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt backdrop support in XBMC's skinning-engine and scrapers (for Music and Videos)0