Deleting \ Cleaning the DB
Hello,

I have had XBMC / KODI for a number of years now. I have quite a vast library on a NAS that I use it to watch movies and TV from.

Occasionally I will have a duplicate movie or show in the library for whatever reason. Quite rightly, this shows up as two entries in Kodi.

The problem is that if I delete it from the source (NAS) and rescan the source, it does not remove it from Kodi library DB. I have tried the 'Clean Up' option as well with no joy.

The work around is to figure out which entry is the non valid on in Kodi and select 'remove from library' from the context menu. This is quite tiresome when I have a lot to do!

I'm guessing here, but should the 'Scan for changes' functionality work both was as it must be doing a compare somehow against the last know index? So when it see a new entry it adds it, but when it sees something in its DB that is not in the index, it should remove it.

Should this happen, or is my current manual method the only way to do this?

Regards,

simpic
No a scan won't remove, but a 'clean' should.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try setting the video source as none, then allow kodi to clean the database.
I did what bubblegum57 recommended to do a remove/replace operation which mostly worked. The movie content type for me was picking up some archive files and placing them as a dupe, which is technically actually accurate. once i removed those clean worked like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting \ Cleaning the DB0