Video Slideshow
Hello All,

Is it possible to have kodi loop through all the videos from a directory and display them one after another like a slideshow? It would be great if we could mix both videos and pictures in the same directory and have kodi display them all one after another. Is there any solution for this? I am sure somebody must have stumbled upon a need like this.

Any thoughts/help would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,
kxb3292
Just to check, have you tried a smart playlist? I can't see anything to automatically play the next file, but the rest seems to be there

http://kodi.wiki/view/smart_playlists
With the shorts in focus, bring up the 'C'ontext menu and queue select clips or use the keybaord 'Q', next select from the left slider menu current playlist and in the next menu of the slider options to 'clear or save', click on the listing to start playing the first video, bring up the bottom OSD control panel (this part is skin dependant) and use the repeat function, alternatively hit 'tab' and bring up a player control panel which also has a repeat function.

The was accomplished using the Transparency! skin.Kodi 16.1

Alternatively in pictures, videos can be shown and played in either random or slideshow sequence with repeat. (setting in pictures must include video)
Hi @PatK

Is there a programmatic way to do this? Perhaps through a script? I have kodi v16.1 running and I am using the confluence skin.

You also mentioned "Alternatively in pictures, videos can be shown and played in either random or slideshow sequence with repeat. (setting in pictures must include video) " . how can we do this programmatically? I would need the slideshow to start as soon as kodi starts and be able to update the content when some pictures/videos are updated. 

Thank you so much for your response,
kxb3292
Hi @PatK

Is there a programmatic way to accomplish this? Perhaps through a script? I have kodi v16.1 running on a raspberry pi 3 and I am using the confluence skin.

You also mentioned "Alternatively in pictures, videos can be shown and played in either random or slideshow sequence with repeat. (setting in pictures must include video) " . how can we do this programmatically? I would need the slideshow to start as soon as kodi starts and the content needs to be updated when some pictures/videos are updated in a particular directory. 

Thank you so much for your response,
kxb3292

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Slideshow0