• 11(current)
Green screen instead of video with ATI/AMD graphics
ok, I managed to make mythtv working (I have to apply a patch to mythtv),
but with xbmc I'm still getting the green screen (with other videos it's ok)

I'm using the new catalyst 8.9
Hi,
I have already the green playback video problem with the last SVN pre-build XBMC version.
I don't understand if the problem was fixed or not.

My configuration are:
ATI 9800 (Mesa DRI R300 20060815 AGP 8x x86/MMX/SSE2)
Pentium 4
Ubuntu 8.04.1 full upgraded
Not restricted driver are using
Not EnvyNG driver installation

Can you help me ?
Hi guys i am a complete noob here and i need to do this fix but have not got the first idea about how to go about it.

I read elupus post about how to fix it but need some help finding the file in unbuntu - i have done searches for it but cant seem to find it. Where does xbmc keep its program files in unbuntu?

thanks for any help Oo
look in

/usr/share/xbmc
thanks pvt_ryan i have now found the xbmc directory but there does not appear to be a 'cores' file?
I just cant seem to find the file YUVRGBShader.cpp i have done a search in file system and in my user account but nothing - i have gone through the xbmc file but cant see 'cores' anywhere his is most annoying - seeing that it seems to be a simple fix if i could just find the file!!!

any help
You are looking for the wrong file. You should read the xbmc manual, looking for AdvancedSettings.xml, and the gl hack. And read my later posts on the subject.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hi elupus - sorry to be a pain have had a look at the manual. if i create a advancedsettings.xml file and put in the stuff you mentioned earlier about changing the numbers. Then put that file into the xbmc user data/setting would that get it to work?
right i have created the advanced setting.xml but cant save it to usr/xbmc/userdata because i dont have permssion - if i saved this file to that directory would it then work!
eddtr1 Wrote:right i have created the advanced setting.xml but cant save it to usr/xbmc/userdata because i dont have permssion - if i saved this file to that directory would it then work!
You need to save it at /home/YOURUSER/.xbmc/userdata
The .xbmc folder is hidden, so either hit CTRL+H (or go to view and check "Show hidden files").
thanks aenima99x your a life saver woe this linux business is mighty hard for a newbe but hey i is learning - right video is ok now. If i quit the video though it goes to a black screen land if i move the mouse i can see blocks of colour but nothing else - i.e i dont seem to be able to go back to the XBMC hiome screen - any ideas?
Ouch.. seems you've hit another bug. That I've got no idea about. You are really unluck Smile.

Could you post your debug log for me (on pastebin.org)? Should be in /usr/tmp/USERNAME-xbmc.log.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

lol indeed, i do seem a tad unlucky. will post a debugging post as soon as i get home tonight. I can exit movies if i click the button in the top right and then when the movie goes to a small screen in the bottom left i can just stop it. But if i press the stop button in full flow of a film thats when it goes to a black screen, with blocky icons that you cant really tell what they are.

I have had XBMC working on my mine pc so i know how great a bit of kit this is, just have to get it on my media centre. Bloody ati should of stuck to geforce lol!!
I have a problem like this with the iplayer plugin. Whenever i play files in it, it always ends up being a coloured rectangle, which changes colour whenever (the most colour i got out of it was blue with one video), and i'm not sure what to do
screenshot + debug log

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green screen instead of video with ATI/AMD graphics3