• 8(current)
Green screen instead of video with ATI/AMD graphics
So to everybody for whom it works and whom it doesn't. (ie both of you guys)

I'd be very interested in people posting their GL_VENDOR, GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION lines here. (just paste them in here). I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to detect when the fix works and when it breaks things.

Fire69:
With r14065 that fix is already in place.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:So to everybody for whom it works and whom it doesn't. (ie both of you guys)

I'd be very interested in people posting their GL_VENDOR, GL_RENDERER, GL_VERSION lines here. (just paste them in here). I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to detect when the fix works and when it breaks things.

Fire69:
With r14065 that fix is already in place.

How do I get those GL_things?

What do you mean with 'the fix is already in place'? The order of the indexes in /home/fire69/XBMC/xbmc/cores/VideoRenderers/VideoShaders/YUV2RGBShader.cpp has allready been changed to 2 0 1 3?
I still had to change them, because the were 0 1 2 3.
yea, the fix is in the fragmentshader now instead. YUV2RGBProgressiveShader::YUV2RGBProgressiveShader.

However, your driver update could have made the fix wrong. There are a couple of poeple for whom the fix actually broke stuff instead.

The GL_* lines are in your xbmc.log file.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

INFO: GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.
INFO: GL_RENDERER = ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
INFO: GL_VERSION = 2.1.7659 Release

Just remembered something, the FFW-playback, wasn't that caused by non-working audio?
How can a video-driver-update trash my audio in XBMC? Works fine in Ubuntu itself. Huh
Fire69:
thx. yea audio renderer is normally the reason for ffw playback. post a debug log on pastebin and i'll have a look.

all:
and do please specify in the post about GL_* stuff if your version works after or before the fix. then i don't have to dig around previous posts to know.

elupus Wrote:Fire69:
thx. yea audio renderer is normally the reason for ffw playback. post a debug log on pastebin and i'll have a look.

I hope I can do it in here? Or do you want me to open a new topic? Guess not, since it's video-related also...

http://pastebin.com/m3e3d929e

# Linux Distribution and Version: Ubuntu 8.04 (proposed-updates enabled today, this caused the ATI 8.6 to be installed)
# Architecture: i686
# Install Method: build.sh
# SVN Revision: 14067
err.. you didn't play anything in that log...

D'oh! Rolleyes

Here's a new one, but I had to cut out 2 big chuncks, otherwise pastebin threw an error about memory-something:
http://pastebin.com/m41256be2

I marked where I cut with [...]
I only cut out a whole list of those sanity-errors, made sure I didn't cut anything else.
Your audio device is busy. It could be the new pulse audio stuff in hardy i suppose. But it's something weird with your system.

Rhythmbox was still playing in the background... Blush
Sorry 'bout that.

1 problem down, 1 to go Wink
Thanks elupus for the interest and the work ;-)

Ubuntu Hardy
ati radeon 9800pro AGP
Ati catalyst 8.6 installed from the driver itself (extracted the .deb files, then installed....)
AMD 3200+

For me, worked by the fix you posted changing the 2 0 1 3 numbers

Now, I did a checkout on a new folder directly from the svn, and just run build.sh NODEBUG, copied my .xml files to keep my settings, and worked just directly, the same as before.

Here's the info you requested

GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER = RADEON 9800 PRO
INFO: GL_VERSION = 2.1.7659 Release

Same version as Fire69, different cards.

If you need me to do any test, i'm here to testing ;-)
XBMC SVN: 14677
2. Ubuntu 8.04.1 all proposed updates
3. i686
4. Install Method (SVN PPA)

ati 9600xt agp card, with restricted drivers (btw, excuse me, but how the hell do you know which catalyst is is that?)

GL_VENDOR = ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER = ATI RADEON 9600 Series
GL_VERSION = 2.1.7412 Release

still having the ghost image problem. screens: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20586482@N05/
if you have the ghosting, you need to add a
Quote:<glrectanglehack>1</glrectanglehack>
in AdvancedSettings.xml

Sad 
I've been following the threads detailing the issues with ATI videocards in hopes of finding a solution. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H mobo which has ATI X1250 onboard video. I tried the suggestions at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34647 but my video output remains garbled.

XBMC runs great as long as I stick to just viewing pictures and using the music player. When I try to view videos, I get the ghosting issues described in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=193428. Trying the fix suggested by elupus at the end of the thread does not appear to be of help. If I stop the video player, the entire display gets totally scrambled and all I see is a tiny little white rectangle on a gray screen. It hoses the display completely and I have to kill X to get out of this mess. The same video renders perfectly when I use a Myth frontend. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this ?

System is currently on Ubuntu 8.04 and XBMC version 2.1a2svn14725-hardy1

XBMC SVN Revision: 14725

uname -a
Linux vulcan 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 23:41:49 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

XBMC installed using PPA and video drivers updated using the guidelines in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34647
so how did you AdvancedSettings.xml file look and where did you put it?

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Green screen instead of video with ATI/AMD graphics3