Lack of options on android box remote..?
Hello,

I used to own an openelec box that had a remote button to 'tab' between fullscreen video and the addon I'm using. It also had a 'Kodi home' button.
I then owned an android box that came with a very cheap little remote. It didn't have the fullscreen toggle, and the 'Home' button went to Android home and not Kodi home, but I was able to use a keymap editor to add both of these functions to the 0-9 number buttons on the remote.

Now I have two new android boxes, which have very stylish remotes, but with a very limited amount of buttons. They don't have number buttons, so I don't have any free keys. The keymap editor also won't allow me to remap the 'android home' or 'mouse' buttons on the remote.

Am I right in thinking that it's impossible, and if so, how do others who use these limited remotes, manage to get by? If you press the back button while watching something, there's no way of getting back to the video! I suppose the kodi home button isn't as necessary, but I previously found myself using it a lot when things got a bit screwy in an addon.

Trying to figure out whether I need to return these. I could get new remotes, but I would be annoyed by the extra cost, and also having to use a USB receiver which part of me thinks will affect the speed or smoothness of the box.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Keep pressing the back button and you will get to fullscreen.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lack of options on android box remote..?0