H.265 kodi 17
Hi i recently upgraded to kodi rc but cant play h.265 videos now. I played h.265 In Jarvis and there is a toggle that needs to be on but in krypton there no toggle
Hi, I have the same as you, but I AM able to play h.265 in krypton without issue. I have no toggle, but don't need it.

Let me know when you figure out what you are missing in your post, and I will update my post.
In kodi 16 theres a toggle amcodec witch needed to on for playback of h.265 video.in kodi 17 there no toggle.
read: https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-krypton-release-candidate-1/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-06, 02:38)Martijn Wrote: read: https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-krypton-release-candidate-1/
from reading this to h. 265 videos i eather stick to kodi 16 or not covert videos to h.265?
Kodi 17 can play HEVC video on Mac under the condition that your Mac has a hardware that decodes HEVC codec.

HEVC Playback Supported Hardware

Most desktop hardware released in 2015, and most mobile hardware from late 2014 onwards, supports dedicated HEVC playback. Here’s a quick rundown of well-known hardware that includes dedicated HEVC decoding blocks, which definitely support efficient HEVC playback:

Intel 6th-generation ‘Skylake’ Core processors or newer
AMD 6th-generation ‘Carizzo’ APUs or newer
AMD ‘Fiji’ GPUs (Radeon R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano) or newer
Nvidia GM206 GPUs (GeForce GTX 960/950) or newer
Other Nvidia GeForce GTX 900 series GPUs have partial HEVC hardware decoding support
Qualcomm Snapdragon 805/615/410/208 SoCs or newer. Support ranges from 720p decoding on low-end parts to 4K playback on high-end parts.
Nvidia Tegra X1 SoCs or newer
Apple A8 SoCs or newer
Some MediaTek SoCs from mid-2014 onwards
If it is an AMLogic box it will be a Firmware issue for sure.

Early Android Marshmallow AML Firmware had HEVC(H265) playback issues when using Kodi 17 and Mediacodec.
That has all been fixed in later updates of MM Firmware.

Kodi cannot help with Android Firmware issues - see the manufacturer / box seller or the Frektab website or simply use LibreELEC Kodi Krypton if it is an AML S905 box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H.265 kodi 170