Win Issue playing DVDs
Hi

I am having a problem playing DVDs on one of my PCs with Kodi. Basically I insert the DVD in the drive, but nothing happens. I have tried the "play dvd automatically" option and forced region to the correct one, but still no luck. I can see the DVD in the File Manager view. The drive is an external USB drive. The DVDs play fine in WMC, but I would like them to play in Kodi

This does however work on my laptop with the same version of Kodi running, and using the same skin.

Windows 7 64bit
Kodi 17 RC1
Arctic Zephyr Skin

Is there anything else I need to do to enable DVDs loading and playing inside Kodi?

Thanks!
(2017-01-09, 15:13)Nomarky Wrote: The drive is an external USB drive.
I have an external USB drive here and just tried it with a disc. After enabling play automatically, the disc does not play when inserted into my external USB drive, however it does play automatically when inserted into the internal dvd drive.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to make it be recognised, but I can say that it seems to be due to using an external drive. Hopefully, somebody with some more knowledge can tell you how to make kodi "see" the disc in the internal drive as a disc (or whatever needs to happen).
Just a guess, but you might need to add the USB-attached DVD as a source. In the confluence skin: Videos / Files / Add Videos...

Andy
(2017-01-09, 15:48)bilgepump Wrote:
(2017-01-09, 15:13)Nomarky Wrote: The drive is an external USB drive.
I have an external USB drive here and just tried it with a disc. After enabling play automatically, the disc does not play when inserted into my external USB drive, however it does play automatically when inserted into the internal dvd drive.

I thought this might be part of the problem. Unfortunately the internal drive is pretty picky about what discs it will play, so wasn't able to test

(2017-01-09, 19:36)AndyHenderson Wrote: Just a guess, but you might need to add the USB-attached DVD as a source. In the confluence skin: Videos / Files / Add Videos...

Andy

This had occurred to me as the solution, but I couldn't think of how I might add the drive as a source. Thanks, I will give it a try!
Try changing the disc drive letter in Device Manager lower than all other drives as it needs to be first. ie Drive A:
Unfortunately I can't figure out how to add the drive as a source in Kodi 17 (no Confluence skin...) so I'm still stumped. Kodi will play the disc if I browse to it in the file manager and open one of the files in the ts_video folder, but thats not acceptable to the wife, or practical for the kids. Is this a known issue?
Sorry Normarky needs to change in Windows "Disk Management" not Device Manager as i posted previously.
(2017-01-09, 21:20)dasco Wrote: Sorry Normarky needs to change in Windows "Disk Management" not Device Manager as i posted previously.

That did the trick, all working fine now. Thank you!
Thanks dasco, good to know.
Deleted double post

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue playing DVDs0