Adjust refresh rate to match display settings
Could someone tell me what the difference is between Adjust refresh rate to match display on start/stop vs always is, and which setting is recommended to use? I am using windows 10 via hdmi with an av receiver. I sometimes get audio sync issues.

Thanks
Let's say you're using 60fps for the interface (typical) but you want to play a 24fps movie, purists say 24fps is closer to original and might have smoother payback. Settings/Videos (wiki) FTW: Activate to automatically set the refresh rate which is best matched with the video that is playing (default off). This potentially allows for perfectly smooth video reproduction, as video material can be recorded in a variety of frame rates (23.976fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30 fps, etc.) which need to be properly matched by the refresh rate of the display, in order to be displayed smoothly. The conversation starts here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219796
Thanks. I read the thread and there are mixed answers between adjust refresh rate on start/stop and always.
I understand this setting will lock the refresh rate at 24hz, but is it recommended to set it at start/stop or always?
When set to always: You're watching a movie, so current refresh rate is 24hz (or whatever the tv does with 24p signal). If you go to the gui (kodi menus) while the movie still plays in the background the refresh rate will go to 60hz. Fullscreen video again, back to 24hz.

When set on start/stop: Refresh rate stays at movie's framerate, regardless if you're watching it fullscreen or you're at the menus while it's playing.

The later option is my preferance, as there is a delay when refresh rate changes.
Thank you
Here is how to change monitor refresh rates in Windows 10 1:- Open the “Settings” app. You can open this app just by pressing “Win key+I” keys together. 2:- Click on “System” settings. 3:- Scroll down and click on “Advanced Display settings”. 4:- Scroll down again and Click on “Display adapter properties”. 5:- Click on “List All Modes”. 6:- You can select a desired mode from the list of valid modes. After selecting your desired mode, click on “OK” to confirm your changes. Source:- https://merabheja.com/change-monitor-ref...indows-10/
You can set the UI refresh rate to 24hz or whatever to avoid rate switches, if you wish. This isn't obvious because the option is hidden by default. Use the --standalone command line option to unhide it.
(2018-02-17, 09:20)Luke M Wrote: You can set the UI refresh rate to 24hz or whatever to avoid rate switches, if you wish. This isn't obvious because the option is hidden by default. Use the --standalone command line option to unhide it.
can explain how to change the initial frame rate to 24, I have a projector and the change times are very high, I almost always play content 23,976 so it would be very practical for me not to be constantly changing from 60 to 24

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adjust refresh rate to match display settings0