• 23(current)
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?
Nazgulled Wrote:The thing that confuses me is how everything will be managed in the skin... How does external subtitles take over internal ones? How does language X takes over language Y? Are they all going to be displayed? think this depends on the skin/skinner, but is there anyway to configure this and make it possible to work the way I described above?
Exactly what I was saying too. How will all this information be displayed? The way it is currently designed is that there is a "best" of each class of streams (audio/video/sub). The "best" subtitle will be the one that matches the language you set in XBMC settings. The disposition of the subs won't matter, internal and external are the same as far as this is concerned.

Beyond that, I can't imagine the skinners making room to display more than 1 since there's a lot of other details to show too. However, there will be the ability to show that, so someone with a need to display it can edit their own skin to add it.

EDIT: To clarify skins will probably only show you one subtitle of your preferred language, the other subtitle information is in the order they appear in the file. But! If you wanted to be sure a the movies you're viewing have pt subtitles, then in the library you could make a smart playlist that says "Subtitle Language is por". If you want to be sure you have por or eng subs, just make another smart playlist with that criteria. Regardless of if you use filters or not, all the subtitle languages will be available to the skin, but not with any preferential order beyond the first.

Folks may notice I said "smart playlist" there. Oh yes, the next thing I'm working on once hdflagging goes in is smart playlist filters for all the information hdflagging provides. Video Resolution is 1080 and Audio Channels is greater than 5 and Audio Codec is dca!
Patch Version 5
-- In files with multiple subtitle streams, the first one was being saved twice
-- In files with more than one video stream, they all appeared to have the same aspect ratio as the best stream
-- (display) DTS was incorrectly deprioritized as a codec. Preference is eac3 > dts > ac3 > all else
-- (display) Audio codec was taking preference over channel count in cases where the higher channel count stream occurred after the lower channel count stream.

Keep the bug reports coming!
What are the new infolabels available for skinners?
Thing is, I don't have any interest in video playlists and I'm not comfortable with that solution...

But I think you misunderstood a bit of what I said... I don't want to display more than one icon (let's assume it will be an icon) for the subtitles available, one is enough. All I'm looking for is something in the lines of: If PT subs are available then show an icon representing that, elseif EN subs are available then show an icon representing that, else, show an icon representing no subs are available. This is more or less how I would like it to work for me...
Nazgulled Wrote:Thing is, I don't have any interest in video playlists and I'm not comfortable with that solution...

But I think you misunderstood a bit of what I said... I don't want to display more than one icon (let's assume it will be an icon) for the subtitles available, one is enough. All I'm looking for is something in the lines of: If PT subs are available then show an icon representing that, elseif EN subs are available then show an icon representing that, else, show an icon representing no subs are available. This is more or less how I would like it to work for me...

This will be for sure possible within the skins.

Regarding my previous post about the "new library" I was referring to this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51605

Regards
Max
CapnBry, if you post an SVN build to mediafire or something so you don't need to worry about bandwidth, than more extensive testing could begin.. And the skin mods could start pouring in..

Thanks so much for your work! It is excellent additions like this that make me want to pick that C book up and try again...
@stagecrew

Please wait until things settle a bit. No sense bothering CapnBry until everything is feature complete and he is happy with it. Same goes for skin mods.

To be sure, flagging will undergo plenty of testing before it enters mainline. If you can't compile it yourself, you're best waiting until it's more mature.

TheUni
Amen.
CapnBry Wrote:Patch Version 5
-- In files with multiple subtitle streams, the first one was being saved twice
-- In files with more than one video stream, they all appeared to have the same aspect ratio as the best stream
-- (display) DTS was incorrectly deprioritized as a codec. Preference is eac3 > dts > ac3 > all else
-- (display) Audio codec was taking preference over channel count in cases where the higher channel count stream occurred after the lower channel count stream.

Keep the bug reports coming!

I am getting compile errors with this patch under windows. Patch 4 was fine.
Compiled OK on Windows.

Took me a while to figure out that it scans only when entering library mode. "Scan for new content" doesn't scan any streaminfo until the library is loaded, is that correct? Also, is the only way to see the result browsing the DB file directly? Looking forward to skins supporting the new infolabels then. Smile

All in all it seems to work nicely. Great stuff!
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
MaxNL Wrote:This will be for sure possible within the skins.
And how does one goes to configure such a thing? That will depend on the skinner no? Or else, I'll have to do it myself, right?
digitalhigh Wrote:What are the new infolabels available for skinners?
ListItem.VideoResolution - the quantized resolution video stream. Options are 480, 540, 720, or 1080.
ListItem.VideoCodec - video codec of the stream. This is the fourcc if available or the decorder codec if not. e.g. xvid, mpeg4, h264.
ListItem.VideoAspect - display aspect of the video. Options are 1.33, 1.66. 1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35.
ListItem.AudioCodec - audio codec of the stream. e.g. mp3, aac, ac3, dca (which is dts).
ListItem.AudioChannels - number of channels in the stream. Can be 0 if there is no audio at all.
ListItem.AudioLanguage - language of the audio stream if available. Uses ISO 639-2 three character codes, e.g. eng, epo, deu.
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage - language of the subtitle stream. ISO 639-2. Blank if no subtitles.

Some are also available when playing a video:
VideoPlayer.VideoCodec, VideoPlayer.AudioCodec, VideoPlayer.VideoResolution, VideoPlayer.AudioChannels.

Note, each item can be used by itself to return what I determine to be the "highest resolution" stream, or suffixed with a number to get information about a specific stream. For example AudioChannels0 is "highest", AudioChannels1 is first audio stream, AudioChannels2 is second, etc. Note that this feature of exporting multiple streams to the skin is not yet implemented, but the information is stored and will be included once the skinning engine supports it

Highest resolution is:
Video - Largest combined resolution (w x h)
Audio - Most channels. In case of a tie, eac3 > dts > ac3 > all else.
Subtitle - The language that matches what is configured in Appearance -> Region -> Language

If you'd like to display a texture representing any of the above items, simply use an image control and set its texture property to the detail you want, and use the prefix/suffix to generate the filename in your skin. For example, if you want video resolution to use your assets named videoresolutionX.png you'd set the texture property like this:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,videoresolution,.png]</texture>
Which will use the appropriate videoresolution480.png, videoresolution720.png, videoresolution1080.png or hide the texture if the information is not known.
freezy Wrote:Compiled OK on Windows.

Took me a while to figure out that it scans only when entering library mode. "Scan for new content" doesn't scan any streaminfo until the library is loaded, is that correct? Also, is the only way to see the result browsing the DB file directly? Looking forward to skins supporting the new infolabels then. Smile

All in all it seems to work nicely. Great stuff!
Yes the streamdetails loader runs from the ThumbLoader thread, so it probes the files when it is time to display the information. EDIT: If you have .nfo files with the streamdetails in them, that information is saved during the library scan and no probe is done.

No skin supports pulling the information yet, so the only way to know if it is working is looking in the DB or editing a skin to show the info, like the PM3.HD change I posted on page 16 (edit the file ViewsVideoLibrary.xml)

CrashX: I've reverted my svn repository, applied patch 5 and it compiles here so I'm not sure what problem you're experiencing.
Nazgulled Wrote:That will depend on the skinner no?
Yes

Nazgulled Wrote:Or else, I'll have to do it myself, right?
Yes
CapnBry Wrote:ListItem.VideoResolution - the quantized resolution video stream. Options are 480, 720, or 1080.
ListItem.VideoCodec - video codec of the stream. e.g. mpeg4, h264.
ListItem.AudioCodec - audio codec of the stream. e.g. mp3, aac, ac3, dca (which is dts).
ListItem.AudioChannels - number of channels in the stream. Can be 0 if there is no audio at all.
ListItem.AudioLanguage - language of the audio stream if available. Uses ISO 639-2 three character codes, e.g. eng, epo, deu.
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage - language of the subtitle stream. ISO 639-2. Blank if no subtitles.

Note, each item can be used by itself to return what I determine to be the "highest resolution" stream, or suffixed with a number to get information about a specific stream. For example AudioChannels0 is "highest", AudioChannels1 is first audio stream, AudioChannels2 is second, etc. Note that this feature of exporting multiple streams to the skin is not yet implemented, but the information is stored and will be included once the skinning engine supports it

Highest resolution is:
Video - Largest combined resolution (w x h)
Audio - Most channels. In case of a tie, eac3 > dts > ac3 > all else.
Subtitle - The language that matches what is configured in Appearance -> Region -> Language

If you'd like to display a texture representing any of the above items, simply use an image control and set its texture property to the detail you want, and use the prefix/suffix to generate the filename in your skin. For example, if you want video resolution to use your assets named videoresolutionX.png you'd set the texture property like this:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,videoresolution,.png]</texture>
Which will use the appropriate videoresolution480.png, videoresolution720.png, videoresolution1080.png or hide the texture if the information is not known.

CAP it looks like there isn't the aspect ratio... Am I right?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High-Definition Video Flagging (library filtering/sorting & skin thumbnails overlay)?7