• 126(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2019-06-30, 14:00)wrxtasy Wrote: You need to be real specific about exact Audio, Video and App needs.
As an example if you have a 5.1 Dolby Digital, only audio system - you will not get 5.1 audio when using the Netflix or Prime Video Apps when using a Shield.

A Fire TV Stick with it's Dolby Audio licence has no such problems.

DD5.1 has always played fine via the Netflix and Amazon Video apps on my Shield...
Wow how do you do that? My shield only gives pcm with netflix only firestick gives me dolby.
Because the Shield would be connected to a DD+ audio receiver.
Shield has no Dolby Audio licence to downmix DD+ Netflix audio into DD, the FireTV Sticks do.

(2019-07-02, 17:46)knubbze Wrote:
(2019-06-30, 14:00)wrxtasy Wrote: You need to be real specific about exact Audio, Video and App needs.
As an example if you have a 5.1 Dolby Digital, only audio system - you will not get 5.1 audio when using the Netflix or Prime Video Apps when using a Shield.

DD5.1 has always played fine via the Netflix and Amazon Video apps on my Shield... 

Are you sure you are getting DD 5.1 and not DD+ 5.1?
(2019-07-03, 10:11)noggin Wrote:
(2019-07-02, 17:46)knubbze Wrote:

Are you sure you are getting DD 5.1 and not DD+ 5.1?
Ah yes, you're probably right.
Looks like theres a new shield making the rounds through the FCC right now. Betting its a die shrink just like the Nintendo Switch is getting
(2019-06-26, 11:05)Mullidulli Wrote: Does the Shield bitstream 7.1.4 Atmos/DTS:X and Auro 3D? I can't find an info about Auro 3D. So can it bitstream 11.1 Auro 3D?

Using Kodi and Shield 2017 I am able to passthrough Atmos/DTS-X/Auro 3D to my Denon 6400. The only one I have not tested is IMAX Enhanced (I will not be able until I get a receiver that is also supports it).
i'll keep an eye on the new shield
its said its probably cause of google's stadia coming..
nvidia would benefit with stadia Wink
(2019-07-26, 17:03)Topken Wrote: Looks like theres a new shield making the rounds through the FCC right now. Betting its a die shrink just like the Nintendo Switch is getting
Shield stick apparently, sounds interesting.... Big Grin
shield-experience-upgrade-8-0

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...grade-8-0/

Our latest SHIELD Experience upgrade is now rolling out. This new release updates your SHIELD with the latest version of Android “P”, along with a collection of great enhancements. Check out our release notes to see new and upgraded apps.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/software-update/

Newest Enhancements:
System
Updates "Display and Sounds" advanced setting into two easier to navigate menus 
Adds ability to access all apps view while "NVIDIA Share" is enabled (long press home while Share is active)
Increases volume dynamic range for USB and Bluetooth connected headsets
Adds "Disconnect Bluetooth accessories" option to quick settings
Adds fan mode options (Cool/Quiet) in Settings > System
Adds option to turn off USB power when SHIELD enters sleep mode
Adds IR power control options to customize on/off functionality
Automatically sets fixed volume output when volume control set to IR or HDMI-CEC
Adds rooting feature preventing incorrect images from being flashed to SHIELD
Adds optimization phase to SHIELD Experience upgrade, improving system performance immediately after upgrade is applied

Network
Adds option to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi network when SSID name is shared (Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi Band)

Video/Display
Adds option to match content color space (Settings > Display & Sound > Advanced display settings). Feature formerly in developer options
Adds additional refresh rates for 720p resolutions for apps supporting refresh rate switching
Adds option to set display to current “safe mode” setting when restarting in safe mode
Adds support for all display supported resolutions in “Custom display modes”

SHIELD TV app
Improves pairing with Bluetooth assisted discovery
Improved latency and performance
IP pairing now always available as an option
Adds user feedback feature
Minor updates to UI

Bug Fixes:
System
Fixes bug where focus snaps to top after pressing "back" button
Resolves issue where network debugging UI was incorrectly reporting status
Fixes issue where HDMI-CEC would wake SHIELD even if disabled
Resolves channel detection issues with Hauppauge USB tuners
Resolves issue where networking debugging status in developer settings was reporting incorrect info
Fixes rare occurrences of USB drives being ejected.

Audio
Fixes bug where volume would not be restored when using Google Assistant and CEC volume is enabled

Network
Resolves low bandwidth issue when streaming from high latency network
Improves Wi-Fi disconnect issues that require restart to recover.
Resolves unstable network issues when not connected directly to router

Video/Display
Resolves Rec. 709 color space issue when undefined by content.
Resolves issue where 4K YouTube videos always play at Rec. 2020 color space
Fixed bug where cropped HDR content would not enable HDR playback in Emby

Accessories
Fixes bug where SHIELD remote with IR blaster may not work after firmware upgrade
Fixes issue where SHIELD Controller 2015 would not pair after factory reset
Resolves Netflix playback issues when some Bose headphones are paired to SHIELD

Known Issues
"OK Google" hotword detection may not function immediately after pairing SHIELD Controller (reboot SHIELD to resolve issue)
SHIELD Pro: Display may go blank during accessory pairing after factory reset
Blank screen observed when connecting RII Mini X1 keyboard USB receiver
Rare occurrence where private listening does not enable when inserting headphones in SHIELD remote 2015
@pameijer are post 1886 & 1887 duplicates? Saw this at https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/07/31...vice-ever/
Hopefully it won't crash everyday now.
(2019-08-01, 07:21)Hitcher Wrote: crash everyday
I'm solid everyday 4 hours, perhaps it's a heat issue?
(2019-08-01, 07:21)Hitcher Wrote: Hopefully it won't crash everyday now.
Not in my experience. 

I have 4 shields running in my house and haven't experienced crashes on any of them. In fact, one shield is being used exclusively as a server for tinycam pro so that I can remotely view my IP cameras. It has been up and running for over 3 months with 0 reboots and no problems.
(2019-08-01, 01:57)PatK Wrote: @pameijer are post 1886 & 1887 duplicates? Saw this at https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/07/31...vice-ever/

I don't understand this question?
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188