Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-01-31, 04:54)DrowningApe Wrote: I haven't seen anyone else on this forum have the same issue, but the option for audio passthrough disappeared when I did the nougat update on my 2015 shield pro. All audio now outputs as pcm, even Netflix.

Dispatched from Mojo's Artisan Toast & Beard-Fluffing Emporium, Temescal Alley
Have you tried a factory reset?

Having said that, i did after upgrading days ago, but now i dont know The Shield feels a bit unstable, apps now force close and when going to apps to clean cache or data it keeps "computing size" so the values aren't displayed and can't click on cache to clean it. Also the other day when i first opened hyperspin app, my brand new micro sdcard got force ejected and when i put it back in some files where not there but later on i put it in my Windows pc and files where there. I thought it got corrupted but thank god its working fine. I will do another factory reset tomorrow but do you guys know if its possible to downgrade to MM v3.3 firmware? Has anyone tried it?

Thank you in advance.
(2017-01-30, 17:20)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 17:00)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 10:30)da-anda Wrote: My 2015 box got the new firmware a couple days ago, but if I got the press info right, it should come with a dedicated Steam app, shouldn't it? I can see Steam via GameStream, but that's a tiny bit different as it requires a nVidia GPU while a real Steam client would work with any GPU on the game host. Just wondering if anybody knows anything about it (sorry if I missed the info about it in here).

No, even in the press release and the CES presentation it was stated that the Steam app would allow you to stream from a PC, meaning that it requires a PC (Nvidia GPU) to use. It is NOT a stand-alone app that allows you to stream games like a Steam Link.

The Steam app is tied to Gamestream and will only put a shortcut in Leanback once you use it, which may also be tied to the Nvidia Games app which will be slowly rolled out to 2015 Shield users over the next few weeks and will replace Shield Games and Geforce Now.

You may have inadvertently caused some confusion with this post

"Plus, there's the addition of the Steam app on the Shield, which a lot of people already use and will now be available to use on the Shield."

Enviado desde mi Moto X via Tapatalk!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jan 26 2017 - by teki4u - 2017-01-31, 05:28
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188