• 46(current)
Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-04-28, 00:45)Tinwarble Wrote: Install the Keymap Editor add-on, then it should be under Fullscreen video/Other/Show codec info. Edit that to use what ever button you want, just make sure that it doesn't control something else while the video is playing or you could end up with double commands.
All good , Thank you so much
Another question I read wiki codecinfo

But question How do I know Of this information That (adjust display refresh rate)
Working and change the refresh rate good not problem ?

Thanks .
Hi Fellow Shield Owners,

Having some trouble getting player controls to show for fullscreen music with the shield controller. On video I get it with hitting 'X', but 'X' on music brings up a context menu for the lyrics add-on. Also 'A' is not working for Play/Pause. I am using the stock Estuary skin but I am guessing this is no skin dependant.

Any pointers on how you handle music with the controller would be very helpful.

Many thanks!
(2017-04-07, 13:37)PeterMac Wrote: I'm looking for Shield remote but not orginal but something similar with voice search built in mic, and on/off power button something like remote from MiBox 4K. Someone recomend any ?

I think you can buy a FireTV remote off of Amazon if you want something like the Mi Box has.
(2017-05-01, 02:45)kdnoel Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 13:37)PeterMac Wrote: I'm looking for Shield remote but not orginal but something similar with voice search built in mic, and on/off power button something like remote from MiBox 4K. Someone recomend any ?

I think you can buy a FireTV remote off of Amazon if you want something like the Mi Box has.

Have a look here and you could ask Dasco where he got the remote with working Microphone:-

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2576120

I have the remote without mic and mine works fine
(2017-05-01, 02:45)kdnoel Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 13:37)PeterMac Wrote: I'm looking for Shield remote but not original but something similar with voice search built in mic, and on/off power button something like remote from MiBox 4K. Someone recommend any ?

And if you are clever enough and have a rooted Android Box, anything is possible regarding remotes such as the BT Mi Box remote on a WeTek Hub running Android TV:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...ment_54399

(2017-04-30, 22:21)zenyatta80 Wrote: Hi Fellow Shield Owners,

Having some trouble getting player controls to show for fullscreen music with the shield controller. On video I get it with hitting 'X', but 'X' on music brings up a context menu for the lyrics add-on. Also 'A' is not working for Play/Pause. I am using the stock Estuary skin but I am guessing this is no skin dependant.

Many thanks!

Long press "A" will play/pause movies and the "Y" button will pull up fullscreen on music.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-01, 16:37)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-04-30, 22:21)zenyatta80 Wrote: Hi Fellow Shield Owners,

Many thanks!

Long press "A" will play/pause movies and the "Y" button will pull up fullscreen on music.
Thanks but my question is about full screen music. I know how I works for movies.

Sent from my Pixel XL
(2017-05-01, 16:43)zenyatta80 Wrote: Thanks but my question is about full screen music. I know how I works for movies.

Sent from my Pixel XL (typie typie)

If you're in fullscreen/music, then "A" should play/pause. Outside of fullscreen though, you'll have to map a button for play/pause.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Nvidia has opened signups for the Shield firmware preview program for anyone interest in testing the latest and greatest.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...w-program/
Hi - I have the original version of NVIDIA SHIELD TV and read somewhere it supported Netflix and Amazon 4K videos with HDR. My question to you guys is: does it support 4k movies with HDR hosted in a NAS accessed through SMB when I play with Kodi? How can I make sure the HDR feature is working?
Hello,

I just got the nVidia Shield TV (2017 model). A few questions, would really appreciate an answer.

1. Does Kodi support auto frame rate switching, or it's just supported from SPMC?
2. Do I need to turn it on? Or is it on by default and how can I check if it's working?
3. Does MXPlayer support the autoframe switching?

Thanks!
(2017-05-04, 11:59)313Flex Wrote: Hello,

I just got the nVidia Shield TV (2017 model). A few questions, would really appreciate an answer.

1. Does Kodi support auto frame rate switching, or it's just supported from SPMC?
2. Do I need to turn it on? Or is it on by default and how can I check if it's working?

Thanks!

1. Yes
2. Yes, you need to turn it on.
3. This is not a MXPlayer forum, please go ask them.
Quick question. Is there a problem with the shield (2017) reverting to RGB colorspace when the "auto adjust to refresh rate" option is on? Avr is HDMI 2.0 and tv is also HDMI 2.0. Is the auto refresh rate working with either spmc or kodi 17 and if it does does it use YCbCr 4:4:4 as selected in the settings? Thanks alot.
(2017-05-04, 21:11)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-05-04, 11:59)313Flex Wrote: Hello,

Thanks!

1. Yes
2. Yes, you need to turn it on.
3. This is not a MXPlayer forum, please go ask them.

OK. Thank you very much! Could you please guide me to a guide or tell me how to turn the framerate switching on? And how to check if it's working (maybe with codecinfo screen right?)
Its all in the Kodi Wiki.....

Adjust Display Refresh Rate to match Video:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos

Do not touch Sync Playback to display - otherwise expect broken Audio Passthrough.

Kodi Keyboard Controls - Codec info - the "O" key:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

• 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188