Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-05-06, 08:29)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-05-06, 07:31)Jeffers24 Wrote: It's not the full Google play store! It's an abbreviated version!

A lot of useful apps are missing, ITVHub, All4................, which I have no choice but to sideload, then they don't appear in the NVidia menu selection screen :-(

It would be nice to have access to the full play store apps, which I get on other android devices

It's not an abbreviated version, it's the full Play Store. But as I said only apps that are Android TV compatible show up and those apps that you bring up are not Android TV compatible.

It's no different than it is for any other device. If you go to the Play Store on your phone/tablet and search for Leanback Launcher or Google Cast Receiver, which are a Android TV specific apps, they will not show up. So by your definition your phone/tablet doesn't have a full Play Store either because it will only show apps that are compatible for your device.

But this has nothing to do with Kodi.

Thanks for response, I didn't think it was anything to do with Kodi :-)

The key is your information "only apps that are Android TV compatible show up". What should the definition of compatible be?

In my opinion if an app will run on your device it should be 'compatible'.

Why Google have done this is anyone's guess, just seems illogical, restrictive and a pain to overcome.

Is there a way I can change the status of my device, from 'Android TV' to something that would show all play store apps?

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Jan 26 2017 - by Jeffers24 - 2017-05-06, 08:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188