Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2017-10-12, 22:33)Tinwarble Wrote: As noted in the 2nd post:

Quote:Google Assistant is now available with the Nvidia 6.0 update, though only currently supported in the U.S. (a Google limitation).  You can, however, use GA by going to Settings > Language and changing it to English (United States), if you are located in a different country.   GA on Android TV is still a WIP and though somethings work, other things work only to a certain degree or not at all.  For instance, you can say "Ok Google, find Movie X" and you will see apps which that movie is in including Kodi, however, if you say "Ok Google, find Movie X in Kodi" it will respond with "Kodi can't be searched".   As well, it seems to be hit or miss with some movies, so even if you have a movie in your library it may not find it.  And in some cases you need to very specific, "find Ghostbusters" for instance will only return results (and not even the correct results) for Youtube and Google Play, however, "find Ghostbusters 1984" will give you results for Kodi, SPMC, Plex and MrMC.

I did read that but that from my understanding is from searching from the home screen. In the video there was two parts to the integration, searching from the home screen and voice input within the Kodi app. It's the voice input part that I am more interested in but I don't think that this is possible anymore.

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: Oct. 06, 2017 - by guyfromcanada - 2017-10-12, 23:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188