Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
One my of favourite remotes to use with the Shield has been the Fire TV Stick remote. 

Yes, it lacks voice control and volume buttons, however it's otherwise a fantastic bluetooth remote that I find works even better than the Shield remote. 
It instantly wakes up every time I go to use it, I never have any issues with lag and the battery lasts a very long time (runs on 2 AAAs)

They are also extremely affordable. I bought 2 off ebay for $6.50 USD each shipped. 

Also if you root the Shield, you can directly modify the Fire TV stick remote key layout file. 

The remote comes with  Rewind and Fast Forward buttons. Since I find these redundant (I can use DPAD_LEFT and DPAD_RIGHT to seek), I modified the key layout files so that instead of rewind and fast forward, it now performs the VOLUME_DOWN and VOLUME_UP commands, giving me volume control again on the remote. 

Seriously, if you're looking for a cheap remote that actually works well, the fire tv stick one is awesome. $6.50 USD on ebay!

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018 - by Wheresthebeef - 2018-08-30, 21:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188