Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2018-10-26, 02:42)aerogems Wrote:
(2018-10-26, 01:52)rylsiem Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Right now I'm not even able to do the test between 709 and 2020 color gamuts because of the issue I seem to have with my Shield. I've also come to the conclusion that there is no single perfect device and I've already made peace that with the current landscape of media players I will have to resort to at least two with different purposes. Currently I'm thinking that the Vero 4k+ will be a very good candidate for solely Kodi playback and the Apple TV 4K for any stream related content which will at least give me Netflix in 4K/HDR10/Atmos and Itunes 4k/HDR10/Atmos for more recent movies. 
 No perfect device... tell me about it! There are several that are almost, but none that are everything. Anyway, you may want to hold off and see what reviews are of the new FireTV Stick 4K that should release at the end of the month. You have to sideload Kodi, but it's a whole lot easier to do than the ATV. It also supports DolbyVision and Atmos audio according to the specs. The real question will be how well it does framerate and color switching. There's also Xiaomi's latest Mi Box, which may or may not fix the issues with its predecessor and royally piss off everyone who owns the older model, and whether you want to risk there being some kind of Chinese spyware installed. 
Thanks for the suggestions on the FireTV Stick 4K and the Xiaomi's S box. I had a look at the specs for the FireTV stick on the Amazon website, but it seems it only allows HDMI audio passthrough up to 5.1 currently which is a deal breaker for me when it comes to Kodi playback of 4K/DTS-X material. It may still make a good alternative though for the Apple TV 4K device if it can do Netflix/HDR/4K/Atmos for me.

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018 - by rylsiem - 2018-10-26, 17:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188