Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
(2019-09-23, 13:51)ignade82 Wrote: HI.
I created smart playlist to be linked in the home menu movie.
In the smart playlist I set "path" "contain" "/storage/ID-NAS/F/movie/" but it doenst  work.I troed"Path" Starts with "/storage/ID-NAS/F/movie/" also but it doenst   work.
I tried in file manager to create new source with smb but it is not visible in the smart playlist path. 
In the smart path list I can see the storage that had been linked in the shield. I mean in the android options but I cannot see the Kodi source I created.

I m using smart play list to direct link the section movie , tv show , music in the home in way to press and see the folder
Have you tried PATH IS <YOURPATH>? Your path must include smb://<username>:<password>@<server>/<share>/<directory>
    You must create a media source within Music or Videos to be able to browse into the path. I personally have found that the Android smbclient is horrendous. As such, I never mount storage via Android because it only ever mounts as read-only and, unless they improved it tremendously in an update, I was never able to mount specific shares. Anyway, for what it's worth I use samba all within Kodi for all of my library, and use the file manager as well for accessing samba severs on my network and run into very few issues.
    I don't completely understand your question, but I'm going to guess that you want to map that PATH to a menu item as a smart playlist. If that's the case, that's not how you want to do so. Instead, create your video/music sources, and then use the skin settings menu to map it to one of your sources. Another way to do this without even adding the sources (pointless in my opinion though as you won't get the benefit of the library, only basic file management views) is to "Add to Favorites." Once you've added the source in file manager, you can either remain in that view or switch the view to Videos/Music/Pictures, and Kodi will add that item to your favorites.xml file as the view you're in when added.
    This question is far better suited for the general forums as this isn't a hardware specific issue. I'm no expert, but have been using this troublesome device with Kodi for a while now so if anyone can correct me where I've got it wrong, I'd appreciate it just as much as ignade82 here.

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018 - by psyburr - 2019-09-26, 01:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188