v16 Kodi 16 Splash Screen Help!
Hoping someone can please assist with a strange issue I have with Kodi splash screen.

I have 3 x Nvidia Shield TV units. All are on Kodi Jarvis v16.1 (build 24 April 2016).

When I open the Kodi App on 2 of the 3 Nvidia Shield TV units, I get the quick Kodi Jarvis splash screen before it opens the main menu etc. All is good there.

However, when I open the Kodi App on the 3rd Shield TV unit, I get a pic of an old guy doing a ‘shoosh’ gesture very quickly before it boots to the Kodi main menu.

My questions are:

• Why do I get this when all of the skin / no fan art settings are identical across all 3 x devices?

• How can I get the 3rd unit to just display the Jarvis screen like the other 2 units? I want to remove the splash image of the old guy doing a ‘shoosh’ gesture.

• How do I update Kodi to v17 on the Shield please?

Thanks for any assistance provided
Bump please
Check in /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/media and see if there is a splash.png image.

It sounds like some add-on you have installed my have added the splash image overriding the default image.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've got an Nvidia Shield TV. Can I access an Android folder from this device?
Yes, just install a file explorer, X-plore is recommended, and make sure you turn on show hidden files/folders. And no, before you ask, you don't need to be rooted. Wink

Or you can use the built in file manager in Kodi, same thing though, you need to enable show hidden files/folders.

Or you can access it over SMB if you have "Access Shield folders on PC" turned on.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've since learnt that the guy in the splash screen is Peter Capaldi from Dr Who. Anyone have any solution please?
That would make me suspect you may be using an unsupported (here anyway) third party build rather than our Kodi?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16 Splash Screen Help!0