How to remove entries in the library of not existing movies?
How can one remove entries in the library of movies / series which do not exist anymore or are moved without removing the entries of movies / series being on external drives not being plugged in at the moment?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
In 16.1... System - Settings - Video - Library. You need to toggle Settings level to Advanced or Expert, the Clean Library... option will appear.
Or I think if you try and play them you'll get an error pop-up with the option to remove them from the library.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Many thanks.

Quote:In 16.1... System - Settings - Video - Library. You need to toggle Settings level to Advanced or Expert, the Clean Library... option will appear.
As far as I know that option deletes all of the entries of movies / series not being accessible at that time.

Quote: Or I think if you try and play them you'll get an error pop-up with the option to remove them from the library.
Yes, indeed, that is true, but to delete the entries in that manner would need days or weeks.
While cleaning the library a popup should appear what to do with a source that is unavailable. Choose 'keep' for the external drives that are not connected and they will stay in the library.
Be sure to make a backup of your library so you can always revert if something goes wrong.
(2017-01-29, 12:37)Dirki Wrote: Yes, indeed, that is true, but to delete the entries in that manner would need days or weeks.

Fair enough - you didn't actually say how many you were talking about Wink

As @BigNoid says though, clean library should work as long as you say keep to the pop-up about your removable media sources. Either that or plug them in, depending on how many there are of course.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Quote:While cleaning the library a popup should appear what to do with a source that is unavailable. Choose 'keep' for the external drives that are not connected and they will stay in the library.
That would be great. Yes, I am just doing a back up - lasts some time obviously, about 150.000 files - and after I will try.

Quote: Fair enough - you didn't actually say how many you were talking about Wink
Well, well, fair enough, yes, that is true also of course, and a good thought anyway to remove entries by using that error message.

Many thanks
If you are not using MySQL than doing a backup of the library can also be simply backing up the MyVideosXXX.db file in the userdata/Database folder.
Alright, I would do that the next time.

Quote: That would be great. Yes, I am just doing a back up - lasts some time obviously, about 150.000 files - and after I will try.
I just finished it, there were some messages after each other asking for each external drive whether to keep their data or not in the library, I clicked to keep the entries, but all of the data of external drives are gone, a message appears when clicking the folder, wrong path or path not found.

Why is that?
I use Kodi in portable mode, not only the entries of the copied / backed up Kodi disappeared / are not shown anymore but also the entries of the original Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to remove entries in the library of not existing movies?0