updating over kodi 16.1 to kodi 17
anybody else having any luck trying to install kodi 17 over kodi 16.1 (to keep your settings)

i have try to updated from the google play store but it only give the option to open (it says kodi 17 is the latest but i have kodi 16.1 installed)

also i have downloaded the .apk file (the arm file) and it also wont install

i see to think the files are messed the kodi 17 file has same signature as the kodi 16.1 and it wont update becuase it think it the same file ??

anyways has anybody else had any luck?
I updated 4 FireTVs today without any issue at all, using the apk found on the download site.
firetv is not android operating system, so doesnt really help lol, but thanks for the reply !!
(2017-02-03, 04:57)duboisbrian Wrote: firetv is not android operating system, so doesnt really help lol, but thanks for the reply !!

You know that FireOS used in FireTV is just a modified android?
Moanbag is in da place!
i am aware but still not android not same. eg google play store ect...
What version of Android is on your device? It needs to be at least 5 (Lollipop) to install 17.
6.0.1 The .apk install fine if i uninstall previous kodi 16.1

the problem is over writing kodi 16.1 with kodi 17 (for family and friends, to keep all the addons ect..)

google play only shows open doesnt show update even though i have kodi 16.1 installed and the google play version is kodi 17

and when trying to install .apk it says not installed

my question was anybody else have same problem or not having this problem ?
,,??
You probably have some modified version of 16.1 and so the play store doesn't recognise it as Kodi to do the update that way.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
that's what i was thinking its from an a95x
but its 16.1 i assumed they would of got it from kodi website and it would be standard 16.1 maybe not i guess
That is a huge and probably incorrect assumption.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
updating over kodi 16.1 to kodi 170