Listing composers of classical music
I "bit the bullet" and adopted the Musicbrainz classical music style guide described here: https://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Style/Classical and re-tagged all my classical music. Give it a try on one of your albums and see how that looks for you in your skin of choice.

It would be nice to have a different UI for classical. Right now there is no flag for it in the music library, unless you consistently use something like genre: classical and then sub-genres.

I think Dave might also be considering adding support for a "WORK" tag, so you could filter for all recordings of Mozart's Symphony No. 41 for example.

I'm not 100% sure yet how best to deal with choral music. For example if a composer's work is scored SATB how best to show that? (Maybe in the ideal world there would be a "work" table in the library and you could display a "work" musicinfo dialog.) Then you could add various comments on the score and history of the work (and things like Opus or BWV, etc) since in the MB system, each eg. movement is treated as a "song" and the "song" comments should really relate to just that movement (or whatever) and not to the work as a whole.

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-09, 16:16
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 16:35
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-09, 16:57
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 16:59
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 21:49
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-10, 10:25
RE: Listing composers of classical music - by scott967 - 2017-04-30, 00:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listing composers of classical music0