Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU)
Hello,

I'm searching for "the right box" to upgrade from 1080p to 2160p. I have tried few "android boxes" with support for 4k+HDR, but I wasn't satisfied with them in terms of usability and lacking of full-fledged Linux distro support like Debian/Mint/Ubuntu.

My eyes are on NUC7i5BNH + Samsung 256 GB SSD and 2x4 GB of RAM (plus external 3,5" USB 3.0 HDD's). TV is Samsung KS8000 (with HDR) and AVR is Marantz NR1508, NUC will be connected to AVR via HDMI or USB C to HDMI cable.

My questions are:
1) What is your experience with using Kodi on Linux and getting HDR output/metadata on you HDR-capable TV from NUC7i5/i3*** series?
- I know from specifications that Kaby Lake does have hardware powerful enough to do it and I know that 10bit HEVC x265 also works Smile

2) Does the USB C/HDMI audio pass-through works when movie audio is in 5.1 (DTS/DTS-MA/TrueHD)?
- I don't need Atmos or DTS:X since my receiver don't support that format. 
- I have read on nucblog that Intel fixed problems with pass-through with last firmware, but I would like confirmation of that Smile

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU) - by c0c0jumb0 - 2017-12-24, 17:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Kaby Lake (7th Generation CPU)1