• 285(current)
Mod Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)
(2019-08-05, 21:42)julianb Wrote: Is it possible to add icons like this for ratings: Image and is it also possible to change the standard white square media icons?

Would like some options for these icons: Image Have anyone here change or done anything like this?

A Noob's Guide to other Noobs
I am a total noob in skinning and programming but I managed to add MPAA rating flag. See PG-13 below. So yes its is possible, not easy but possible.Image
About replacing the Flags with other options. This is also possible. You just have to replace the code that displays a particular Flag with one of your choice. For this skin, and most likely many other skins the codes for flags are in the "Includes.XML" file. This file is in the xml folder, the xml folder is located in the Addon folder (the folder is skin.estuary.modv2). Where the KODI addons folder is located depends on your system, you check with KODI wiki if you are not sure.
What code you need.
Code:
<texture> some code here <texture/>
<visible> some code here </visible>
The code that goes between these two elements are the main code that display your flags. You can find this code in other skins that have what you need. In your screenshot,the code displaying the ratings icons can be found in the includes.xml of that skin whose screenshot you took.
Example:
Code:

<include content="MediaFlag">
                    <param name="texture" value="$PARAM[audiocodec_var]" />
                    <param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.AudioCodec)" />
                    <param name="visible2" value="!Skin.HasSetting(show_mediaaudiocodecflag)" />
                    <param name="top" value="5" />
</include>

Explanation:
Our <texture> code is contained here <param name="texture" value="$PARAM[audiocodec_var]" /> this code says fetch the icon for the AudioCodec of the video, AAC in my case, Dolby digital in your case.
Our <visible> code is contained here <param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.AudioCodec)" /> this code says display the icon if the AudioCodec is not blank. If your video has no codec (blank), this code avoids the skin showing an empty rectangle where the icon is supposed to be.
The codes inside <texture> and <visible> are the most important.
Now this <param name="visible2" value="!Skin.HasSetting(show_mediaaudiocodecflag)" /> says, show the icon if the user has changed the settings to show MediaAudioCodecFlag, if not, do not show the icon.

Where to put the code:
Once you find the code you need, it is time to find where the code goes in Estuary MOD V2.
To avoid your skin from breaking, try to maintain the original design as much as possible. As you can see, my MPAA rating flag/icon fits almost perfectly with other flags. This is because I maintained the design.
All Media Flag Icons in Estuary MOD V2 go under the <include name="MediaFlags"> this starts on line 725 (use Notepad++ or other text editor with line numbering).
The individual flags, starting with the studio logo begin just below <control type="group"> this is on line 835. 
You can replace any of the icons and insert your own, by editing the code here. To replace the AudioCodec icon for example, replace this code with the code you extracted from another skin. Paste only the two main codes first (texture and visible) and see how that goes. In most cases, you wont need the rest of the code such as width, height etc. The size of the icon is already taken care of by the <control type="group"> . If the icons do not show as expected, you can add the rest of the code that came with it.
To add a new icon, paste its code within the <control type="group"> 
Code:

<control type="group"> ​​​​​​
        to maintain the design
        your texture and visible codes goes anywhere here. 
        Before other icons, after other icons or between them
</control>
If Addon is required:
If the value under <visible> requires an addon, install that addon first. You will know an addon is required if you see the code has an addon name in it.
something like "HasAddon..."then goes ahead to give the addon name. In the example below Studio Icons - Coloured is required. The code may sometimes not say "HasAddon" but the addon name must be mentioned if its required.

Code:
<param name="visible" value="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(studiologos.path),resource://resource.images.studios.coloured/) + System.HasAddon(resource.images.studios.coloured)" />

Disclaimer!
I am a noob in this. My guide my be entirely wrong or misleading. I am just trying to help because it is important we help each other especially now that @Guilouz is unavailable (We really appreciate his work, we hope he will be back soon to update this amazing skin). This is the little knowledge I have gathered from editing this skin.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
to do this you need to name images 0.1=1% 0.2=2% up to 10=100% in a folder in extras called Rating

xml:
<control type="group">
                    <width>115</width>
                    <right>30</right>
                    <top>0</top>
                        <param name="texture" value="$INFO[$PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.Rating,special://skin/extras/Rating/,.png]" />
                                            </include>
                    </control>
I downloaded and customized the skin just as I want it.  I then installed the skin on a different kodi, and copied the addon files and addon_data.  

When I reload the skin on the 2nd kodi, I see all my customization, and then a second later the disappear to the default.  What am I doing wrong?  Eventually I would like to symlink all my kodi installs to a networked location.
(2019-08-08, 13:48)IIIPgCIII Wrote: I downloaded and customized the skin just as I want it.  I then installed the skin on a different kodi, and copied the addon files and addon_data.  

When I reload the skin on the 2nd kodi, I see all my customization, and then a second later the disappear to the default.  What am I doing wrong?  Eventually I would like to symlink all my kodi installs to a networked location.
Depending on how you customized the skin, the files might have been replaced through auto-update from the Guilouz repo (If you have the repo installed). If you customized the skin through skin settings then auto-update isn't the culprit. All you have do to is back up your customized settings under skin backup in the 1st KODI and restore them in the 2nd KODI. If however, you edited the xml files then open addon.xml file and change the skin id from "skin.estuary.modv2" to something else. If you still loose your customization you can rule out auto-update.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
Hey there, I registered just a few seconds ago because I have a really stupid question.

I customized my menu with some widgets. I chose "list" as widget type and added the entrys.

That's all fine, these entry's load as well, but I can only navigate in the first row of this 8 widget rows. I can't go a step down to the second line with my keyboard. Using on a RAS, I don't have a mouse.

How to I access the row 2 - 8 of the widget list? I hope you know what I mean.

Nice mod BTW.
(2019-08-09, 04:00)Shariner Wrote: Hey there, I registered just a few seconds ago because I have a really stupid question.

I customized my menu with some widgets. I chose "list" as widget type and added the entrys.

That's all fine, these entry's load as well, but I can only navigate in the first row of this 8 widget rows. I can't go a step down to the second line with my keyboard. Using on a RAS, I don't have a mouse.

How to I access the row 2 - 8 of the widget list? I hope you know what I mean.

Nice mod BTW.
No question is stupid really. We are both learning.

I have just created Widgets to Personalize, list (upto 8 items), I believe this is the same you created. I added 8 entries and I can't reproduce your problem in Windows. I am able to scroll 8 rows. Maybe it is RAS specific problem and I have no RAS to test with. However, I did find an almost similar problem with touch mode enabled. I could not scroll the widgets up/down or sideways without pointing to a widget first with a mouse, meaning if you have no mouse, you can't scroll at all. 

Do you by any chance have "Touch Mode" enabled under skin settings?
Hi, thank you for your reply.

We are talking about the same thing.
I checked my settings. Touch mode was disabled, if enabled, I can scroll down the widgets, but of cause I can't enter them, cause kodi Is waiting for a touch input.

So I disabled it again.

To complete: I enter the widget automatically at row 1. With the arrow_down key nothing happens. But I can use left/right to navigate inside the first row.

Then I connected a Bluetooth mouse with my raspberry. Yeah, with a mouse pointer I can navigate the different rows.

So I think it's a specific libreelec/kodi problem. I will look for an bug tracker. Thank you Smile
Hello,

Under the Video OSD settings I have the option "Hide video info when paused" enabled.

However when ever I skip back or forward in a playing video the "Playback OSD" only appears for a split second and then disappears  so I can not see it Sad

Can you please fix it so even if the option "Hide video info when paused" is enabled you can still see the "Playing OSD" when skipping back and forward in playing videos?

Thanks
How can I show this info?

Customize main menu > Add > Set type of widgets > Widgets to personalize > List (tried vertical)

Select widget 1 > Skin Helper Service Widgets > ExtendedInfo Script > TheMovieDB > In-cinema movies

Widget appearance 1 > Posters

I get a loading animation...
Nevermind...

Select widget 1 > Add-On > Video Add-On > ExtendedInfo Script > TheMovieDB > In-cinema movies > Use as widget
TimeZone Wrote: A Noob's Guide to other Noobs

At a video addon I use to stream movies, no icons are appearing at the lower right display except the length of the movie.

How does the skin receive the informations like Apect Ratio, resolution and many more?

I want them! What I am supposed to do? Does the Plugin transfer informations to the skin and in my case it does not?
(2019-08-16, 16:43)Shariner Wrote:

At a video addon I use to stream movies, no icons are appearing at the lower right display except the length of the movie.

How does the skin receive the informations like Apect Ratio, resolution and many more?

I want them! What I am supposed to do? Does the Plugin transfer informations to the skin and in my case it does not? 
Sorry for late response. Discussion of most of these streaming video addons are not allowed in KODI forums. There are a few exceptions to the streaming addons which are legal and thus allowed. I will now answer your question assuming that the addon in question is legal and allowed in the forum.

Flags, such as Aspect ratio, Resolution etc are extracted by KODI from the video file during scrapping and during playback and then stored in the database for future use. For streaming videos, KODI can only read these flags during play back but will not store the data because these videos are not in your library.

To show these flags, find a way to add the videos to your library first. Ask in your streaming addon forum how you can add the addon's videos to KODI library.
(2019-08-20, 15:37)TimeZone Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 16:43)Shariner Wrote:

Sorry for late response. Discussion of most of these streaming video addons are not allowed in KODI forums. There are a few exceptions to the streaming addons which are legal and thus allowed. I will now answer your question assuming that the addon in question is legal and allowed in the forum.

Flags, such as Aspect ratio, Resolution etc are extracted by KODI from the video file during scrapping and during playback and then stored in the database for future use. For streaming videos, KODI can only read these flags during play back but will not store the data because these videos are not in your library.

To show these flags, find a way to add the videos to your library first. Ask in your streaming addon forum how you can add the addon's videos to KODI library.

That was the answer I was expecting. I don't want answers like: go to point a, click this and do this instead of explaining how kodi works.

Thank you for your answer. I know what do to Smile
(2019-08-06, 15:44)TimeZone Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 21:42)julianb Wrote:  
I am a total noob in skinning and programming but I managed to add MPAA rating flag. See PG-13 below. So yes its is possible, not easy but possible.Image

That's great! could you explain how you added the MPAA rating?
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2019-08-29, 13:10)wcndave Wrote:
(2019-08-06, 15:44)TimeZone Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 21:42)julianb Wrote:  

That's great! could you explain how you added the MPAA rating?     
What is Required:
1. MPAA icons. I used the icons shared by @Wanilton via google drive. Google drive link.
2. Piece of code to show the icons. I adapted the HOW TO shared by @the_other_guy in the KODI forum here. But had to modify it to fit into this skin. The exact code I used is below.
xml :

<param name="texture" value="$INFO[$PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.Mpaa,special://skin/extras/Mpaa/,.png]" />
                    <param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.Mpaa)" />
                    <param name="top" value="5" />
                </include>
Procedure:
1. Download and extract resource.images.mpaa.color-1.0.1.zip from GDrive
2. Rename the icons you would like to use exactly as the rating method used in your KODI system. This folder contains different rating methods e.g US, Australia, UK etc. I don't suppose your system is using all the rating methods, choose your method/icons. I am using the US icons.
3. I had to crop out the white space in the US icons to make them bigger in KODI, otherwise, the text is small with a lot of white space surrounding it. Download the already cropped icons below if interested.
4. Put all these icons in one folder called Mpaa. Rename each icon if you did not do so in step 2. Example, Rated PG is different from Rated-PG and PG. If your system is using all these different rating styles to mean PG rating you need 3 icons for each PG rating (You need 3 copies of the same icon with different names, Rated PG.png, Rated-PG.png and PG.png). If your system is consistent lets say it sticks to Rated PG, Rated G, Rated R etc with no repetition for each rating then you need only one icon for each rating. Inconsistency in rating styles results if you change scrappers, otherwise your system should stick to one.
5. Copy your Mpaa folder with properly named icons to skin.estuary.modv2\extras folder.
6. Copy the above code and paste in Includes.xml. The exact location to paste is in between other MediaFlags. This will keep the structure, if you paste outside of other MediaFlags, your skin may become distorted. Mine is after the Studio logo flag and before the Media source flag.
7. If you want to paste in the same location as mine. Open Includes.xml in a text editor search and find "flags/hdtv.png" without quotes (this is the flag for HDTV Media Source). Paste the code required above just before the code below.
8. You are all done. Refresh the skin or restart KODI to display your MPAA ratings.

paste just above this
xml   :

<param name="texture" value="flags/hdtv.png" />
                    <param name="width" value="71" /> ....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
  • 285(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 17/01/19)17