Problem scanning huge source (mem leak)?
So we are ~50000 songs out of ~150k, quite a collection Smile

So LDP addon disabled, yet we still get the unplayed songs query Huh
Did you restart Kodi after disabling it? I am wondering if the addon starts a thread that disabling doesn't terminate. May even need to power down the RPi?
It isn't Estuary calling it, I have had that running in debug for hours and don't get any song queries at all.
At least it is a slow query so we can clearly see it has happened!

That unplayed song query is going to need memory but it should give it back. The vanishing memory could be down to an issue in scanning itself, or related to a more general memory issue some other guys have been looking into that only shows when lots of memory is used and the released repeatedly. I don't know the details of the latter, but I will find out. The slow down of scanning could easily be memory related, so a little chicken and egg.

I need to get you running without the unplayed songs query happening every 10 mins, and then we can see where we are.

Quote:I'm going to use a fresh sd-card with latest LE (7.95.3) and all standard, but advancedsettings for mysql and no online info while scanning and start from where I am right now with scanning further...

OK, Estuary out the box, no LDP addon!!!!

The downside with having only one music source pointing at your entire collection is that Update Library will scan the time/size hash of every file it has scanned so far looking for changes, before it gets to the files it has not scanned before. That just takes time. You could circumvent that for testing purposes (get quicker answers) by using scan from context menu when in File View to start scan of a subfolder. In the end we can do Update Library to check we didn't miss anything, because I realise that the crashes have left you midway through a folder.

I leave you to choose over that. I would recommend in principle having multiple sources to break your collection up into more manageable pieces. But we have started with one big lump, so I guess we see that through.

All useful stuff, thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem scanning source - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-12, 13:00
RE: Problem scanning source - by Uatschitchun - 2017-02-12, 21:51
RE: Problem scanning source (mem leak)? - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-15, 14:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem scanning huge source (mem leak)?0