Solved Odd letters instead of song name showing in playlist
When showing the playlist the format is Artist-T (so for example U2-T). This is also shown within the album section and artist section. When opening the Singles section the format is OK (so for example U2-One)

The music.db has already been rebuild but that didn't help. What more can I do to get the correct format?

I am using Kodi 17.0 with the Estuary skin.
Sorry, I really don't understand what you are trying to describe. Some screenshots perhaps
Sorry, but it is very hard to explain WinkA screenshot might work indeed:

https://goo.gl/photos/VF3Un6dYg5nF3dHV6

As you can see the playlist shows Artistname-T but the track is recognized because it shows Bruce Springsteen-Human Touch at top right
Oh I see. I think a missing "%" in the advancedsettings.xml file is causing that "T", although no idea how it got like that.

The advancedsettings.xml file is located in the userdata folder. Edit it and ensure you have this track format entry

Code:
<musicfiles>
    <trackformat>[%N.] %A - %T</trackformat>
</musicfiles>
You're able to define trackformat in settings menu!
Thanks DaveBlake. I will take a look at it. But because I have installed Kodi on the Nvidia Shield TV I need to find out how to edit the xml-file.

So thanks Rusendusen for your suggestion to change it within the settings menu. The only thing is that I already searched for that setting but was unable to find it. Can you point me to the right direction where to find the setting?
(2017-02-12, 22:02)Rusendusen Wrote: You're able to define trackformat in settings menu!

(2017-02-13, 09:44)jberinga Wrote: So thanks Rusendusen for your suggestion to change it within the settings menu. The only thing is that I already searched for that setting but was unable to find it. Can you point me to the right direction where to find the setting?

I don't think it is in settings, but happy to hear where if it is.
I'll check when at home. In Jarvis it definitely was there
Still there

It turns out that having a <trackformat> tag in advancedsettings.xml stops that setting from appearing under the media>music settings menu. So I have learnt something new today Smile

@jberinga leave advancedsettings.xml alone it should be a visible setting Media>Music when in Expert mode.
Just set it to [%N.] %A - %T from there
(2017-02-13, 16:47)DaveBlake Wrote: @jberinga leave advancedsettings.xml alone it should be a visible setting Media>Music when in Expert mode.
Just set it to [%N.] %A - %T from there

Assuming it has indeed been changed from the shown default.
Yep, found it and changed it.
The %-sign was removed because when using the left key on the Logitech remote a letter is removed when you change the format

Thanks all!
Would you set thread on solved and give a reasonable name for others to find?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd letters instead of song name showing in playlist0